The *NEW* JEM7VSBL - Continued from previous thread - Page 5 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 10:08 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

DNA ... only 300 made.... a shame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 03:44 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

DNA....only 300 made.... a shame.

not a shame.

no production, less exclusive and expensive swirl available.

now thats a shame.

:mc:
jerry

i wanted a new swirl, i didn't want to pay £3000, not that i did. i got a good price. btw
post #63 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 08:24 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Fallingman, want a bare wood JEM...?

You're sitting right on top of one, take your pink jem, a can of nitromoors, the instructions from universaljems.com and you are away!

http://www.universaljems.com/guitars/myshop/striped.htm

Lets see some pics when you've completed it!
post #64 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-15-2001, 12:22 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Adrian :

Thanks for the tip, but I *love* my pink Jem - it has become somewhat of a trademarkl for those that know me i.e. my wife, 2 cats, etc.

I shall certainly have a look at that link though !

Thanks again,

Fallingman
post #65 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-15-2001, 01:02 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

So is anyone here actually planning on purchasing the new VSBL? ... or would you rather have a 7V? :biggrin:

Ah 7V is where it's at.
post #66 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-15-2001, 01:46 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Fallingman,

I'd say that a pink one is a prime candidate for some stripping!
http://www.universaljems.com/tutoria...rip/choose.htm

Is the Do-it-yourself link for a number of methods to bring back the wood from your guitar. I'd have to say that I've always fancied a crack at this but I guess the great unknown is just what quality of timber you've got underneath that guitar.

Tempted?
post #67 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-15-2001, 04:56 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Quote:
YngVaiTriani on 9:18 pm on Dec. 12, 2001
Personally I'd like to see more Breeds. The DBK has it but it's basswood and some don't like the thinner neck or look. (the look's ok for me)

and the DNA also has breeds but how mny have the $ to pay for one if they're lucky enough to have 1 of the 300.

Yeah... Breeds and alder.
It's easy enough (and cheaper) to throw some Breeds into a VWH than buy a DNA.

I think the Breeds were a bit of a whim from Steve.
He probably liked the sound of them for a while then changed his mind (nothing new) as he still uses evo's.

I used to love the Breed's, I then got a little unsatisfied with them and wanted a change, but of late I've been experimenting a little more and I find they are very versatile and can do things I never realised. In short they're a pickup you need to spend a bit of time with to get the best out of.

What does annoy me with Vai (and I'm sure he'll do it with the blue jem) is the fact that he doesn't use them, i.e. if you're gonna' launch a new guitar, BSB, DBK, DNA whatever......then use the damn thing! Stop relying on the VWH as your mainstay, experiment a little.
For people to spend such large amounts on a guitar such as the DNA (of which he doesn't even own one now (I think)) surely he should be playing one more often!
Vai likes to see himself as this ever evolving guitar player, but he's still stuck with his VWH, hmmmmmm.........

Steve
post #68 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-15-2001, 11:36 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Who says he doesn't use them for recording?

Well I suppose I do agree with you being that he does always play his 7VWH's on stage.

Don't forget FLO is an FP painted white with an added Fernandez sustainer. He still has the basswood rosewood connection happening.

Well... the 7V rules anyways :biggrin:
post #69 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 04:12 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

I'm putting some cash aside so I can buy my first JEM this spring.
I was set on a 7VWH, but I personally don't care for gold hardware.
Since blue is my favorite color, I'm definitely gonna wait until the 7VBS comes out after the winter NAMM show!
post #70 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 04:50 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

steve was given one of the DNA's its now in a guitar museum in CA somewhere.

:mc:
post #71 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 01:04 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

I know this is off topic. *But MR. *JIMM. *I am in SE lower Michigan as well. *(New Baltimore, of Macomb township). *

HI. *
post #72 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 03:13 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

It's funny how people here information and it gets changed around here to here...

Steve was given the original prototype DNA-he lent it to a friend who I believe owns a portion of Guitar Center in some form or way, it wasn't put in a "guitar museum", it was put in the storefront window of the Hollywood GC.

FLO is now an original 7VWH body. The *original* FLO was indeed an FP body sprayed white, but that was no longer the case from the UZ tour on.

And about the comment on Vai only using 7V's as his mainstay...well, you buy other guitars, but you still have a favorite right? If Steve didn't release any new JEM's, you'd have exactly what we've had for the past several years..."We want a new JEM...we want a new JEM...". He's obviously happy with the 7V (7V Motif I should say...), as they've been his choice over any other JEM.
post #73 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 04:28 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Guys!
Bought a VWH these days cause its a great player, and i think if the new JEM will approach in spring maybe the VWH is not further in production, so its a must. I also have a DNA and a BFP , so i have a model for each kind of PUPS, and for each kind of music.
post #74 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 06:27 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

That's cool man! (wmerkert)

Having each Jem with diff woods and pups for different uses. PAF Pro, Evos and Breeds. Very cool.

The BFP and DNA must be awesome to own together. Adding a 7VWH will make it so great you'll cry. I currently have an older RG esque Ibanez, a JEM555 and a 7VWH. I can't wait till I own my next Jap.

Eek I'v gone off topic.
post #75 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 06:29 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Hey. I got the price for the new blue JEM. It's going to be 2895€, or 2600 $. Havn't read the whole thread, so if the price already is posted, sorry. 2600 is the price for BeNeLux countries. I guess the price will vary between continents.

Tags
abalone inlays , abalone vine , alder body , basswood body , bfp neck , black pickguard , bubinga neck , buzz feiten , cavity cover , chrome boy , chrome hardware , chrome jem , coil pickup , control knobs , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jem , custom shop , dave weiner , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio paf pros , dna swirl , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , equipped guitar , ernie ball , fender strat , fender strats , gauge strings , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar shop , guitar tech , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ikebe gakki , jason becker , jem dbk , jem neck , jem neck profile , led inlays , local guitar shop , local music store , locking nut , locking nuts , mahogany body , maple neck , mesa boogie , mike keneally , music store , neck bolts , neck inlay , neck shape , neck thru , paf pro , paf pros , paul gilbert , pearloid pickguard , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro edge , production model , retaining bar , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , rosewood neck , scalloped frets , scratch plate , signature guitar , standard jem , steve vai , strap button , strat body , string retaining bar , trem arm , triple rectifier , truss rod , truss rod cover , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in