The *NEW* JEM7VSBL - Continued from previous thread - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-03-2001, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
deleted username

The *NEW* JEM7VSBL - Continued from previous thread

Previous thread can be found HERE.

Resume....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-03-2001, 02:38 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

:frog:

Totally out of topic again, but : nice effort in french on the tittle, Kevan, we really feel honoured !!!

As for the new jem, my opinion is the same as a lot of you : wait and see !!! Though I'm a jem/UV fan, I must admit that there are more that I dislike than I like : as a lot of "strong personality guitars", there's always something that I don't like on Jems and UVs : gold hardware on the VWH, the old grip on the RB and PBK, painted neck on the BSB, dot inlays on the old UVs BK, texture on the Jem DBK... I think that this one, even if less flashy, is maybe less exclusive. Maybe that was the target... And for those who say that white PU's and scratchplate is dull, I can tell you that as the proud owner of a UV7PWH, it doesn't look so bad .

This one may be more neutral, but if the price is reasonnable and if it sounds as good as usual, I'd rate it in my favourites. And it'd also be the kind of guitar that you can play at gigs without the feeling that everybody (knowing Vai) in the audience is thinking : "look at this guy : he isn't as half talented as Vai, he's only a poor wannabe". Less cosmetics, but still a good guitar : that works for me :biggrin: !!!
post #3 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-03-2001, 03:19 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

I guess it comes back to the old "custom shop" argument. I would rather see Ibanez come out with a new Jem......say the current model, make only that "edition" as far as color and vine inlay, but offer an option such as pickups H-H instead of H-S-H or something like that. Since the neck is a bolt on, offer with or without vine inlay. Maybe even offer the same guitar/ color and vine/ in seven string. Mix it up. It has worked well for Jackson! The production would still be easy and the option would be little more than a pickguard swap.............P.S. I like the old grip on the RB!
post #4 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-03-2001, 10:15 PM
YJM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

So, spec-wise the new Jem is the same guitar as a 7VWH with a rosewood neck... Boring! Boring! Boring!!! :lame:

-Bill
post #5 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 02:08 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

but if it had a sustainer you could put me down for one right now........ along with alot of other people I presume?
post #6 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 08:08 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Strangely enought the wole blandness idea is growing on me. If the guitar has that funky sparkly finish like as on that strat he played during his last tour it would be fairly funky. Me buy one me thinks.

~james
post #7 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 09:26 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Ok, this topic looks like its slowed a little....so i will speak now! *Didn't want to jump in the fire earlier. *First, yes when i see the new Jem i think Fender. *Not good. *I'm sure it plays like a Jem though. *I am very partial for the VSK, DY, etc... *I have grown to like the vwh especially after i played it for an hour. *White and gold?? *Now ide even consider owning one, once the pickups come out. *(TZ for me...) *I own a VBK and i love that. *Its pretty plain. *Black, green. *I think Ibanez should have made it a blueburst finish. *Going from blue, to black on the edges. *Would have improved a whole lot. *Now, the only problem here is this nasty white pickguard. *Get rid of it! *If you are about to shell out cash for a Jem anyway, spend a few extra bucks and get a new pickguard. *Have it swirled blue and white, get mirror blue, get mirror, get mirror pink or black! *I bet it would change the guitar's personality a whole lot. *I bet a whole lot of people flamin' it are gonna dig it once its played. *I also though the DBK looked like ****. *Why would i pay for a clummpy black axe with screws for inlays? *Well my friend bought one, and i think its tight now. *I dont like its neck compared to the old school ones though. *Anyways, we will now soon i guess. *
post #8 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 01:12 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Salut Claude, je t'ai reconnu!
Ma UV 7 PWH va bien ?
)
post #9 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 05:26 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

WOW..... that was.. uhh... strange.
at first i was disgusted but now i actually like it. i drew a bunch of collor schemes for it and i wanted to post but im not sure how to upload files on here.

the one i liked the best had nothing done to it but having the two outter coils of the humbuckers in blue. it made a world of a difference. a pearloid pickguard would be better too.

JR
post #10 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 07:00 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

:frog:

Hi John !!!

Just out of 2 hours recording with the fuç£ing damn good PWH

OK, I stop the "bloddy out of topic frenchies" thing, I'll contact you soon on e-mail (DVDs for you...)

Anyway, to go back on thread, just some more thoughts and questions to all of you who criticize this new jem : don't you think this new one is something like going back to the roots ? *As someone said, the new Jem looks like the "superstrat" of J. Becker. I think that jems are maybe the best superstrats ever made, and this ones shows where it comes from. And for extra features as sustainer and double edge, please listen to old Vai stuff : he didn't need anything else than a good guitar and his imagination to record tunes that will stay in guitar history... If any electronics could do that for me, I'd buy... But I'll first try to master at least 50% of a "simple" guitar, and see what happens… *
post #11 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 07:45 PM
Banned

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

She looks Excellent to me from here,everyone in this neck of the woods love it,,,Im looking forward to getting one along with a few other friends i know. Everything we know so far is great! If it all pans out that is, we shall see very soon.
post #12 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 07:48 PM
YJM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

What's the point in having this new Jem that's so similar to the VWH in specs and, presumably, price? Would you buy one if you already own a VWH? :sarcasm: Certainly not me.

What I'm saying is, the Blue Jem is cool, but we want something different and more exciting.

-Bill
post #13 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 07:55 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

That's my biggest deal with it... I'm not a big fan of alder-bodied guitars (give me mahogany any day of the week). Since I already have a VWH (alder with evos), I can't imagine getting the new Jem under any circumstances since it's too close to something I already have, and not anywhere near as pimp looking as the 7V.

I was secretly hoping it would be a total old-school Jem with a basswood body and PAF Pros!

--B
post #14 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 08:07 PM
YJM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

But then I already have a 77FP which is basswood with PAF Pros. Hehe!

I actually would love a Mahogany body with PAF Pros. :biggrin:

-Bill
post #15 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-05-2001, 08:33 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Hey.........
* * * *Someone mentioned Jason Becker.....
* * * * * * * Ya know, if it resembled his axe in anyway....i would buy it! *It does not! *Its blue. *And there is white on it. *His is blue, white, and pink. *The pink is what makes the difference, cause he dressed to match the guitar on that picture. *I guess you would have to change a bunch of stuff on it them maybe it would look similar to his....but with a vine and grip. *Could be a neat project. *Personally, i would have Carvin build a DC127 with old headstock and the 3 colors in proper places. *After all, he did go Carvin by '89.

Tags
abalone inlays , abalone vine , alder body , basswood body , bfp neck , black pickguard , bubinga neck , buzz feiten , cavity cover , chrome boy , chrome hardware , chrome jem , coil pickup , control knobs , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jem , custom shop , dave weiner , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio paf pros , dna swirl , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , equipped guitar , ernie ball , fender strat , fender strats , gauge strings , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar shop , guitar tech , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ikebe gakki , jason becker , jem dbk , jem neck , jem neck profile , led inlays , local guitar shop , local music store , locking nut , locking nuts , mahogany body , maple neck , mesa boogie , mike keneally , music store , neck bolts , neck inlay , neck shape , neck thru , paf pro , paf pros , paul gilbert , pearloid pickguard , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro edge , production model , retaining bar , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , rosewood neck , scalloped frets , scratch plate , signature guitar , standard jem , steve vai , strap button , strat body , string retaining bar , trem arm , triple rectifier , truss rod , truss rod cover , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode