I bought a 1990 Ibanez UV7BK (Black/Green Dot) in 2002.
Since I always liked the Ibanez Jem77 GMC (Green Multi Color).....I
decided (started in 2003) it was time to create a 7-String GMC version.
Called it an Ibanez GMCUV7.
Process Steps & Timeline:
1. In 2002, bought a good condition Ibanez UV7 BK (Black Green Dot). It had some dings and the hardware showed some wear.
2. In 2003, sent it to Herc Fede. Herc sanded it down, added a Lion's Claw near the tremolo, added a Monkey Grip, added a clear pickguard, and then Swirled it per my instruction into a GMC. Received 11 months later. Worth the wait.
3. In 2008, decided to put a new neck to replace the Green Dot.
Chris Wood built a new neck. Received 16 months later. Wait made me worry, but nice neck.
4. In 2009, bought all new hardware from Rich Harris' Ibanez Rules (Lopro Edge 7, Tuners, Locking Nut). Always fast service.
5. Contacted a local Luthier to drill all the holes on the neck for hardware. Took 1 week (due to his workload).