2007 - 20th Anniversary Jem? - Page 4 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 11:45 PM

Re: 2007 - 20th Anniversary Jem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM
I'm not "probably wrong". If I didn't know the answer, I would say I don't know. I don't post rumors.

Ibanez are working on it, and Steve is working on it with them.

That's all the details I know. I haven't seen the prototypes yet.

Mikey
vai.com
Cool. Cant wait to see what it'll feature and look like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:39 AM

Man, i hope they don't mess this one up. Just imagine how much angry posts would be on this site.
post #48 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Apparently Thomas Norderg (Vai's tech) is working on a super Jem with a brand new patented floating trem that stretches the strings in a horizintal motion rather than vertical (push down/pull up) aka the edge/floyd etc.......inside information. Link below!

http://www.geocities.com/jbstratman/Guitar.html

Vai and possibly Luke will be the first to use this new patent and indeed Flo 2 was installed with this system and Lukes EBMM signature Luke 1 has also been installed with it. Luke has used it on a feew tracks on the new Falling in Between album. Steve just missed having it forthe Real Illusions tour but may be recording with it as we speak.

This system in theory appears to be flawless which in my opinion is fabulous and will work much better and more reliably than the floyd systems!

You may see it on the 20th or 25th anniversary Super jem....
post #49 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:35 AM

Wow, looks interesting, but damn, looks ugly
post #50 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 11:26 AM

Smile Re: 2007 - 20th Anniversary Jem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud
i agree bro,

i think that Rolly J dude has the best trem system in the world! i've seen it in pictures at my mate's house, this trem is Hydrolic & has no springs! yes on a 8 string Alloy guitar!

no one i have ever seen can beat this dude at crafting guitars, the workmenship is outstanding! he dose all the work on his guitars him self, parts the lot!, & this dudes 7 stinger triped out Steve Vai,
my mate is a big fan of this guy & said he is a (Biker in a club) so i'm not gona put pictures up of anything to do with this dude with out his permision if you know what i mean-LOL! (i don't want to die!)
post #51 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 11:37 AM

What do you ya'll want to bet that the 20th is also the 50,000?

It'll be the Jem 20th/50kssv
post #52 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 11:49 AM

Thumbs up Re: 2007 - 20th Anniversary Jem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777
What do you ya'll want to bet that the 20th is also the 50,000?

It'll be the Jem 20th/50kssv
i hope your right bro, it should be a good guitar!- maybe with a sustainer in it? i like the model name you put to it sounds really good!
post #53 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud
+1

I must say, I've grown quite accustomed to the look of the regular FR's. Those new ones remind me of the Tele "ashtray" bridges with really big saddles
post #54 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 02:12 PM

Somehow I doubt Ibanez will want to shell out big bucks for a new trem design. Seems they switched to EP's and non-locking studs to save a few bucks, and now they are going to take two steps back?
post #55 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris777
Somehow I doubt Ibanez will want to shell out big bucks for a new trem design. Seems they switched to EP's and non-locking studs to save a few bucks, and now they are going to take two steps back?
Very very good point there. Honestly that trem dosn't look all that impressive anyway (execept for the piezos). If they were going to put it on jem, they would put it on a 555. Definatley not an anniversary JEM. Because
A) it could have reliabilty problems (hasn't had time to be tested)
B) It looks damn ugly
C) Its very complex
D) Alot of people might not like it
post #56 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 07:57 PM

Whatever it is, I hope it's less than 4 thousdand dollars. It would be nice if it was affordable.
post #57 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 09:24 PM

Instead of a Jem hardtail (...and you thought the VSBL didn't sell...), how about a Jem with a tremol-no installed. That would make people take notice.
post #58 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE BLACK DOTS
Apparently Thomas Norderg (Vai's tech) is working on a super Jem with a brand new patented floating trem that stretches the strings in a horizintal motion rather than vertical (push down/pull up) aka the edge/floyd etc.......inside information. Link below!

http://www.geocities.com/jbstratman/Guitar.html

Vai and possibly Luke will be the first to use this new patent and indeed Flo 2 was installed with this system and Lukes EBMM signature Luke 1 has also been installed with it. Luke has used it on a feew tracks on the new Falling in Between album. Steve just missed having it forthe Real Illusions tour but may be recording with it as we speak.

This system in theory appears to be flawless which in my opinion is fabulous and will work much better and more reliably than the floyd systems!

You may see it on the 20th or 25th anniversary Super jem....
There's a fairly extensive thread going on about this trem over at projectguitar.com, with the inventor.
post #59 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris777
Ibanez will always try to use their own stuff if they can help it.
post #60 of 1118 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:08 AM
RCB

I certainly hope its a huge improvement over the Floyr Rose (edge, lo pro edge, etc, etc) and Kahler (ZR) technology, because it looks really bad. The only way I would want that installed on one of my guitars if it prooves to be a huge improvement over current technology.

They have to do something about the looks of that new trem.

Tags
access neck joint , acrylic guitar , air norton , alder bodied , alder body , alex skolnick , andy timmons , andy timmons model , basswood body , beautiful guitar , birdseye maple neck , black headstock , body shape , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , buzz feiten , buzz feiten tuning system , chrome hardware , coil tap , crystal planet , david mccarroll , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , double neck , ebony board , ebony fretboard , ebony neck , edge trem , electric guitar , ernie ball , feiten tuning system , fender strat , fixed bridge , flamed maple , fret access , fret board , gotoh tuners , grover jackson , guitar body , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar playing , hardtail jem , headstock overlay , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , jem neck , jem pickups , jem swirl , jim donahue , joe satriani , john petrucci , kramer guitars , left handed ibanez , les paul , les pauls , local music store , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , maple neck , maple necks , monkey grip , music store , neck binding , neck joint , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck screws , neck shape , paul gilbert , paul reed , paul reed smith , pearloid pickguard , pickup cover , pro edge , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , quilted maple , randy rhoads , reed smith , retaining bar , road flare red , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , shred machine , signature guitar , sounding guitar , spaced pickup , steve lukather , steve vai , string retaining bar , super strat , triple neck , truss rod , truss rod cover , tuning system , upper fret , upper fret access , warped neck , white pearloid pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode