2007 - 20th Anniversary Jem? - Page 75 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1111 of 1118 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Talking Re: 2007 - 20th Anniversary Jem?

It's arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to collect it from store tomorrow afternoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1118 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 03:14 PM

Re: 2007 - 20th Anniversary Jem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
My dad is currently in a very fierce battle with customs over his car so don't tell me what they can't or won't do. They can and they will, just out of spite, if anything.

The Netherlands is not Russia; since official wares are protected by copyright and plenty of people ship in illegal counterfit stuff, customs actively pursue anything with a known brand name. Schiphol airport is one of the biggest freight hubs in the EU, so Dutch customs are heavily scrutinized over what they let in and check.

Just order a pair of sneakers online and find out.

Like I said, if the shipping value is already noted as $5000 they may very well not investigate, but don't count on it.
+1

I bought a UVMC last year and it was $ 2750,-

I couldn't get to my my guitar, if i didn't pay the € 800 tax...
post #1113 of 1118 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 04:42 PM

Anyone else get one of these. I actually want one now, I can't believe I am saying that, but they are cool. How about it vineboy, post some pics. and a review!
post #1114 of 1118 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcard71 View Post
How about it vineboy, post some pics. and a review!
Lol.....

I'm trying my friend. I've just been WAY busy and it appears my camera took a crap

Before too long, I'll post a complete review

BTW - I LIKE IT
post #1115 of 1118 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
I've just been WAY busy
I guess that would explain your silence in PMs recently. Shall I just sit back and be patient?
post #1116 of 1118 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersfieldpete View Post
Did that include the nut job?

The $1000 on top is to get a neck worthy of the guitar, which at that money you just shouldn't have to be doing; talk about cop out inlays on what was supposed to be the flagship model this year. Ok I can sell the original neck, but that's not the point. It's either the company flagship or a case of that will do. The answer is clearly the later at that money, sorry!!!
My figures were off and I was corrected a few posts later by Rich

The 20th Jem is what it is, a limited Anniversary. More could have been done but they had their own agenda at what price point they wanted to set.
post #1117 of 1118 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 01:42 PM

Reviews: 1

For those that do have a 20th, are they any good as players?
post #1118 of 1118 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 07:19 AM

Yeh, it would be nice for some reviews from the people who have one and some shots and tone clips included! *Nudges JJEMMER*

Tags
access neck joint , acrylic guitar , air norton , alder bodied , alder body , alex skolnick , andy timmons , andy timmons model , basswood body , beautiful guitar , birdseye maple neck , black headstock , body shape , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , buzz feiten , buzz feiten tuning system , chrome hardware , coil tap , crystal planet , david mccarroll , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , double neck , ebony board , ebony fretboard , ebony neck , edge trem , electric guitar , ernie ball , feiten tuning system , fender strat , fixed bridge , flamed maple , fret access , fret board , gotoh tuners , grover jackson , guitar body , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar playing , hardtail jem , headstock overlay , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , jem neck , jem pickups , jem swirl , jim donahue , joe satriani , john petrucci , kramer guitars , left handed ibanez , les paul , les pauls , local music store , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , maple neck , maple necks , monkey grip , music store , neck binding , neck joint , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck screws , neck shape , paul gilbert , paul reed , paul reed smith , pearloid pickguard , pickup cover , pro edge , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , quilted maple , randy rhoads , reed smith , retaining bar , road flare red , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , shred machine , signature guitar , sounding guitar , spaced pickup , steve lukather , steve vai , string retaining bar , super strat , triple neck , truss rod , truss rod cover , tuning system , upper fret , upper fret access , warped neck , white pearloid pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode