edit: I stated before hand, that the scallops could just be a lighting/angle thing.
1) For starters, jems of that time period no longer had stamped dimarzios.... Second, the pole pieces are wrong; the plating is just ... not right. They sure look similar, but they arent right.
2) Theres several images of the guitar, thats not rosewood mate.
3) and sorry, but no, the stamp "looking darker" has nothing to do with it being WAY thicker. Also, the neck stripes are just way too thick. I showed two examples right next to it. You can *clearly* see what Im talking about.
4) The body routing is off... like what are you trying to defend here? Thats not even alder...
5) the screws are NOT right, the plating is wrong, and they are different sizes.
6)... why would the pickguard be aftermarket ??
Im not sure what "quality" youre seeing here. CNC machining takes care of the lions share of the "it looks right" part. I just checked on a chinese site that has counterfeits, you cant tell by the inlays anymore. The body is very very obviously fake by the routing alone. Theres no legitimate jem7vwh that would EVER leave the factory with routing like that. On top of the fact that its NOT ALDER. The pickguard is very very very obviously not right, the pickups are stamped, despite them not being stamped from this era of production; as well as them having horrendous plating.
And, frankly, Im not really "guessing" here.
Do me a favor, tell me which one of these looks "real" to you, which one has "quality"? I deleted the VERY easily fixable obvious problem from them.
1. Ah would you look at that, a 2012 7vwh with the dimarzio stamps: https://reverb.com/item/365782-ibanez-jem7v-2012-white
I assume that is fake too? And you're saying the plating is "wrong" - dude, it's impossible to differentiate between shades of gold (which is inherently yellow) when you have no idea what kind of white balance the camera was using for that shot. You can't just go "i dunno bro, it looks off or something".
2. And you're going on and on about "that's not rosewood mate" - you've literally posted comparison pics with an allegedly legit 7vwh showing rosewood of equal uniformity, porosity and darkness no?
3. Alright, I do agree I perceive them as thicker too, but looking at various jem samples I can't say it's not within reason. Maybe I need your laser vision to see these things you feel are so obvious.
4. Also, the alder comparison (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/attac...5&d=1613571921
), what are you trying to show? That one is darker than the other? The grain looks the same man. The exposed alder on my 7vwh is darker than your comparison pic too, should I be worried? No, I'm not defending the body routing - I'm just saying I can't tell whether it's unreasonably bad or not.
5. See 1.
6. Yeah the pickguard - you
brought it up as having the wrong curvature leading up to the trem. I'm just saying it's possible it's aftermarket. See, you're still complaining about the pickguard - I just tried to come with an explanation.
I don't know, I'm sure you could tell me. For all I care, both could be genuine and you've just decided that one of them is fake because of some higher power