2021 NAMM is Officially Cancelled - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

8Likes
  • 2 Post By Rich
  • 6 Post By Rich

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Vendor

2021 NAMM is Officially Cancelled

Probably old news by now but it was announced this week. I'd expect Ibanez to do some kind of virtual NAMM product release Youtube type thing, or not. I don't think anybody knows yet, but I'm sure all rules remain in effect that dealers will be able to post new models online 1/1 as they allowed next year. Not clear as to what they'll do about "show specials" they wouldn't allow until the first day of NAMM, since there won't be one, but, stay tuned.
OCDemon and evan like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 04:36 PM

Re: 2021 NAMM is Officially Cancelled

Only silver lining to Covid is that NAMM took place about 30 days before the virus started to take hold in the US. Otherwise that would have been the superspreader to end all superspreader events.

The fallout to the music industry continues to be huge. Whether you’re the Anaheim Convention center or a local cover band playing bars every weekend.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

There is no doubt it's hit performing players hard, but there is a sliver of a silver lining. There were so many sales of entry priced guitars during the lockdown they ran the country out of inventory, with nothing coming in it's tough to replace, but everybody that always thought about wanting to learn how to play decided that was a good time to buy one and try, they had nothing else to do. So in a strange twist it may have actually reinvigorated guitar in general as that 5% that stick with it end up becoming players and continue the tradition onward.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 06:14 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
There is no doubt it's hit performing players hard, but there is a sliver of a silver lining. There were so many sales of entry priced guitars during the lockdown they ran the country out of inventory, with nothing coming in it's tough to replace, but everybody that always thought about wanting to learn how to play decided that was a good time to buy one and try, they had nothing else to do. So in a strange twist it may have actually reinvigorated guitar in general as that 5% that stick with it end up becoming players and continue the tradition onward.
Never thought about it like that. I thought what we would see is a surge in childbirths but cool to see more guitar interest.
brett8388 is online  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett8388 View Post
Never thought about it like that. I thought what we would see is a surge in childbirths but cool to see more guitar interest.
Feel like we’ll need another four months here. You may be premature in your assessment.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2020, 01:09 PM

NAMM doesnt make any difference. Compagnies develop, advertize and sell. A tiny portion of the advertizing does not make the market. Good United-Statians people have enough suffered with silly and unhealthy events.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2020, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
There is no doubt it's hit performing players hard, but there is a sliver of a silver lining. There were so many sales of entry priced guitars during the lockdown they ran the country out of inventory, with nothing coming in it's tough to replace, but everybody that always thought about wanting to learn how to play decided that was a good time to buy one and try, they had nothing else to do. So in a strange twist, it may have actually reinvigorated guitar in general as that 5% that stick with it end up becoming players and continue the tradition onward.
This is good to hear. I figured it could go either way: either a "non-essential" activity or a "life's too short, I want to try to learn to play the guitar" activity. I'm glad it was the latter because that is some genuine silver lining on the music front.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2020, 11:34 AM

Definitely bummed about this. I got to go last year, and had this year's Airbnb already picked out and everything.

Tags
namm 2021 cancelled

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode