20th Anniversary Jem In Action! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

20th Anniversary Jem In Action!

Watch the guitar in action and then email, call or PM me if interested. I have no solid pricing as of yet, but this is going to be a rare guitar and it will be difficult to get. It's hard to tell by the video, but each guitar has it's own unique multi color swirl pattern inside the body and they're all done by hand. Pull the tone knob and LED's illuminate the body.

Enjoy!

*** EDIT: I've removed the video due to its low quality, clearly it's creating more confusion than anything else. Though I've not seen the guitar in person I'm told it's amazing looking and sounding, in typical JEM fashion. ***

Matt

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
www.mattsmusic.com
[email protected]

Last edited by mattsmusic; 12-28-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:15 PM

Re: 20th Anniversary Jem In Action!

Thats the best Ibanez could come up with? Im sure it will sell like crazy and go up in value, but personally I'm disappointed with it.
post #3 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:25 PM

ELCID, I quite agree. Making an annivesay JEM model 90% based on an the JS Crista Planet makes the excitment behind what it could (should ?) have been.The green vines in the body may however be interesting in person if they are intended to create some kind of swirl effect in the transparent body. The vine inaly could also have been more exciting.
post #4 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:25 PM

And the cat has officially exited the bag
post #5 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
And the cat has officially exited the bag
Now you've done it Matt! They're coming after you now!

I like it and would buy it if I had the money.
post #6 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:27 PM

How much are they going to cost?? I wonder if it sounds good, or if it sounds like crap, Don't acrylic guitars sound like crap??
post #7 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:30 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: 20th Anniversary Jem In Action!

I don't like what i see so far... I am disappointed
post #8 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:31 PM

I didn't even notice those were vines in the acrylic, looks pretty radical. Although I couldn't really tell much from that video, I'll have to wait for some decent pics or a better vid of it, but it looks interesting. I guess this is as fitting a place as any for my 1777th post
post #9 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEAPSON View Post
ELCID, I quite agree. Making an annivesay JEM model 90% based on an the JS Crista Planet makes the excitment behind what it could (should ?) have been.The green vines in the body may however be interesting in person if they are intended to create some kind of swirl effect in the transparent body. The vine inaly could also have been more exciting.
I didnt notice the vines on the body, I just saw it was not flat. I agree that the inlay could have been better. If the big deal about it is it's plastic and lights up I'd just as soon save a few grand and put Christmas lights around a regular Jem. I dont want to say too much negative stuff about the guitar though since it will undoubtedly upset someone and result in a slew of "If you dont like it, dont buy it" responses.

That being said as someone who doesnt like floating trems and has little interest in Jems, I was actaully excited and seriously considering trying to pick up a 20th Anniversay. Luckily for my bank account any interest has been squashed.
post #10 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Banned

That's actually pretty cool IMO!!! I like the idea of a 3D swirl, and the LEDs are sooo showy; they'll look the nuts in stage!!!
post #11 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:33 PM

I SO hope Ibanez released that thing as a fake...
post #12 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:34 PM

Yikes Matt, I hope you're allowed to post that or you're going to get big smacks from Ibanez.
post #13 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:36 PM

Hahaha. Oh god what an ugly ass guitar...

What a waste of an anniversary model.
I hope the only people that buy these are collectors, so that they stay locked away for the next 10 years.
post #14 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Banned

Although, they could've made something a little less gimmicky, and more playable, classic, and beautiful i.e. the PRS Eagle. Something that's not clearly meant to be stashed and cashed in on in mint cond. a few years later, like the JS 2K. A maple top would've gone down a treat.
post #15 of 451 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:38 PM

I guess it's neat looking, but not something I would play in front of an audience.

Tags
acrylic guitar , air guitar , black pickups , crystal planet , david lee roth , death metal , dna swirl , dot inlay , dot inlays , double fat strat , electric guitar , fat strat , fender double fat strat , floating trems , guitar body , guitar collection , guitar players , hardtail jem , heavy metal , hoshino gakki , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , jem neck , kramer pacer , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , locking stud , locking studs , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip , pearloid pickguard , playing guitar , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , randy rhoads , reverse headstock , road flare red , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , sharkfin inlays , sounding guitar , steve vai , tone monster , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode