20'th anniversary of the Jem2kDNA - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation 20'th anniversary of the Jem2kDNA

This year the DNA get's 20 years old. Time passed so fast. I would be interested, which "Jemsters" on this board own their DNA 's since this time 'till today. Please feel free to post pics of your beauties.
Mine is in excellent condition, although i play her some times through my Helix at home. Double Helix meet's Helix (-;

Still a great player and a piece of art.

Cheers
Wolfgang

Last edited by WMerkert; 02-27-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Re: 20'th anniversary of the Jem2kDNA

No more DNA freaks here on the forum ? Seem' s they all left. OK, it's a long time, but very sad.

Cheers Wolfgang
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 09:04 PM

I remember when the DNA was £3000 and I decided it would be better if I waited instead of buying one, what a mistake that was. I'll probably never own one the way the price has gone up, and continues to go up. There are plenty of DNA owners on Jemsite though, but you have to understand only a handful of members still even post here regularly, the site is very quiet these days.
WMerkert and jono like this.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 09:31 PM

Nice JEM, OP! I don't have one, but would love see some other jemsiters post theirs up in here.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 09:42 AM

They were too pricey for me when they came out, and you could buy a car for what they go for now. And I'd still rather have a 10th with its bound ebony board
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 12:24 PM

Heres mine. MINT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (152.3 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by marlon1211; 03-12-2020 at 12:32 PM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBazz View Post
.. the site is very quiet these days.
I second that. There were times with much more traffic here. )-:
What's the reason ?

Cheers !
Wolfgang
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMerkert View Post
I second that. There were times with much more traffic here. )-:
What's the reason ?

Cheers !
Wolfgang
When the site started in the mid 90s we had several years of backlog discussions about the guitars to go through and many of the facts and figures were somewhat undiscovered. Nowadays we know there were 271 PMCs and 366 GMCs produced and so on. So a lot of what we talked about is now established as fact and doesnít need further discussion.

Then we have the issue that in the last few years the releases havenít been as exciting as in the early years, with internet leaks spoiling a bit of the wow factor.

Lastly we have the fact that Steve Vai hasnít reinvented Passion and Warfare and itís not 1990 anymore
WMerkert, jim777 and Hoseki like this.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 05:43 AM

Lastly we have the fact that Steve Vai hasnít reinvented Passion and Warfare and itís not 1990 anymore [/QUOTE]

yep and he hasn't really released a "guitar" album since Alien Love Secrets. I think from Fire Garden (which was awesome) Steve has changed what he puts in an album quite a bit. But that's just my opinion...
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 11:31 AM

Here’s mine...with a friend
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CE7BD696-B02B-43BC-9A0E-2F900D1E28B0_1584286301449.jpeg (3.03 MB, 109 views)
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for posting ! Never saw this one. Very nice swirl ! What number is it and where is she located !

Cheers !
Wolfgang
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 05:53 AM

Back in the day there was no Facebook, most people no longer use discussion forums.

The guitar looks really good. Recently I've started to dislike the monkey grip though so I'm longer very interested in getting Jems. I've moved on to Mayones Duvell and the like. Also I do no really use the center pickup that much. The swirls are amazing no doubt.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408najera1 View Post
Hereís mine...with a friend

Love that blue/black swirl!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHiding View Post
Back in the day there was no Facebook, most people no longer use discussion forums.

The guitar looks really good. Recently I've started to dislike the monkey grip though so I'm longer very interested in getting Jems. I've moved on to Mayones Duvell and the like. Also I do no really use the center pickup that much. The swirls are amazing no doubt.
Do people still use facebook? I never bothered getting an account, it was the domain of teenage girls and recent graduates who seemed to spend all their time photographing their dinner...

It might explain why I'm such a stalwart for this place
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Do people still use facebook? I never bothered getting an account, it was the domain of teenage girls and recent graduates who seemed to spend all their time photographing their dinner...

It might explain why I'm such a stalwart for this place
We book most of our work through Facebook, the place is extremely valuable for businesses, and it's very popular for buying/selling all sorts of stuff. There is a Jem/RG fan group on there that is quite active too and really in pretty much any hobby that would have previously been served by forums there is a group on Facebook. Facebook these days is often seen as the "boomers hub" because the younger generations are more interested in Instagram, Snapchat and other social media apps.

I think Reddit, Facebook and Discord have all played a huge part in killing off forums, because they serve the same purpose with a more modern approach. Forums are by far superior for any sort of in depth discussion or conversation though, and as use for future references so it's a shame.

Tags
dna , jem2kdna

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode