3D Jem Makers - I need your help! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

3D Jem Makers - I need your help!

Ok folks, I have asked the original two 3D guys here to do this but neither really had the time, which I fully understand but I really need this done for a future project I'm trying to get started. Basically I have my dream Jem in mind and I want to get the ball rolling on getting it finally made. My problem is I need to be able to actually see a few things before I can make up my mind on what to create/have done.

Here's my idea to start off with.

Body = Jem style (RG body with AANJ, Lion's Claw, Monkey Grip, slanted input jack, etc.)
Cavity = Rear rout
Neck = Super Wizard (or close facsimile) with a reversed headstock.
Fretboard = Ebony with yellow inlay
Pickup = One humbucker in the bridge position - yes, just one - in black.
Controls = One volume pot - normal positioning - no tone - barrel knob in black.
Trem = Not picky, Lo Pro Edge, Edge Pro - just not the TRS or some retro [email protected] crap.
Hardware = Black
Finish = Yellow and Black design (see photo below)

Now, these are the things I am sure of. What I am not sure of is:

Inlay = Yellow Vine OR Yellow Radiation Symbols (personally I'm leaning towards the vine)
Pickguard = Transparent OR no pickguard at all.
Headstock = Yellow Ibanez logo on black background OR Black Ibanez logo on yellow background.

Now normally I would do the 3D myself and not bother anyone but I found out within a few minutes of Loop's 3D model release that my computer is entirely too slow to even begin to work on it let alone render it. Is there a possibility that somebody may feel like taking on the challenge to make this a virtual reality so I can pick which design possibilities look the best? I would so very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

LJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 04:31 PM

I would suggest using the Kisekae Jem program. Take a full on front shot of that graphic and you can mask it over the top. Add the stuff you want. If Kisekae doesn't have the options, then import it into Photoshop and layer what you want.

Gabe
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

The probelm is that I don't have this guitar anymore and haven't for many years now so getting a frontal shot would be impossible. Second, I'm not real good with freehand drawing on the computer. A 3D version will show much more detail then a 2D paste-together ever would and will show the design better to the folks I'll have making certain parts.

Thanks for the suggestion Gabe, it is appreciated.

LJ
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 06:54 PM

It seems like a repetitive pattern. I'm pretty good with photoshop so let me see what I can come up with tonight... It will be Kisekae Jem based.

Gabe
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 07:28 AM

It seems Jemsite was down last night when I was trying to get the specs for your guitar. I have the image complete, but it appears I need to adjust the size. I'll post it here when it's done.

Gabe
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 09:24 AM

I'll try this. Is that an Oz Fox guitar? Stryper rocks! The Yellow and Black Attack!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 10:09 AM

to answer some of your unsure questions.

The way to go is!!!!
Yellow Vine
Transparent Scratchplate
Headstock - Black Ibanez logo on yellow background (stands out from long distances rather than it just disapearing

Well done and hope it turns out well for you
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wblyheaded
I'll try this. Is that an Oz Fox guitar? Stryper rocks! The Yellow and Black Attack!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Actually you're the second guy to think of Stryper when they see this guitar. No it's not Oz Fox's guitar but I take it as a compliment that you would think that this had been professionally done. It's my own design which I did on this guitar with black contact paper (eeewww!) close to 8 years ago or so. I've always liked this design and have wanted to revive it for years now since I don't own this guitar anymore. Believe it or not, Stryper wasn't the influence for the design, although I used to like the group too, it was the industrial warning tape all over the sets of the film "Aliens" which also happens to be my all time favorite movie. I don't know why but I just really like that industrial yellow and black warning scheme.

Dave, sounds good to me ... would just like to see it! LOL

LJ
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 11:54 AM

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

OMG!!!!!!!!

PekkaM, I think I love you ...

LJ
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 01:51 PM

Well, it looks like a roadwork warning to me

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Pek, you are a miracle worker. That looks awsome! Any chance of putting on a transparent pickguard and getting rid of the 5 way switch?

Dude, I am blown away! Thank you!

LJ
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 02:19 PM
dex

This is amazing.
And in less than 24 hours.
The comaraderie on jemsite will never seize to amaze me.

Nice one PekkaM

ilia
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

You think this is good you should see the chrome Jem animation he made. You can see it on the main page of LGM Guitars. Like I said, he's a miracle worker.

LJ
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Deno
Pek, you are a miracle worker. That looks awsome! Any chance of putting on a transparent pickguard and getting rid of the 5 way switch?

Dude, I am blown away! Thank you!

LJ
Gonna take few days. I just happened to have some quiet time but weekend is coming... After all, all I had to do was mirror the neck (you see the strings are like on Hendrix guitar ) and do the texture.

Gotta mirror the logo back also...

Tags
bridge position , chrome jem , green meanie replica , lgm guitars , locking nut , meanie replica , monkey grip , pro edge , reversed headstock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

the best ibanez jem neck makers?
the best ibanez jem neck makers?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode