777 LNG "paperwork" question - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

777 LNG "paperwork" question

I've made some individual inquiries on this question to some of you guys who own a 777LNG, but I thought I'd post it here as well...

What sort of "paperwork" came with the 777LNG when they were new? The one I saw personally recently had the warranty pamphlet with the serial number on it, and some instructions for the locking trem post studs. There was one for sale recently on an auction site that also had a "warning cert" about the Vai signature possibly being wiped/worn off. There was a thread here somewhere about the first few being signed with an indelible marker, but Steve found it hard to write with so they switched to a smaller "non-permanent" marker. It went on to say that some (or all?) of those then had rattle can clear applied over the signature to protect it.
Has anybody else seen one of these "warning certs"? Would they have been included with ALL the 777LNGs or maybe just with the guitars signed with the non-permanent marker?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 05:36 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: 777 LNG "paperwork" question

Not that I don't believe you, I have a hard time seeing ibanez spraying rattle can clear on their guitars.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
Not that I don't believe you, I have a hard time seeing ibanez spraying rattle can clear on their guitars.
Yeah, it sounds odd, but here's the thread - see post no. 74.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f15/je...-100672-5.html
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 05:48 PM

Interesting - previously Rich had said this: "One of the few Stevie signed with a NON indelible marker. During the signing Stevie picked up the wrong marker after a break and nobody noticed. Picked up the correct marker after another break. When they were preparing them for shipping an employee noticed the sigs were rubbing off on some of them, they realized what happened and found all the guitars that were signed in the nonindelible marker. These were all recleared (the full body) sealing the signature under the clear."

If I recall correctly mine had the warning cert.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 05:51 PM

Is Rich getting old? Contradicting himself...
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Vendor

^^^^

That must have been a very old post.

Of course the details were different depending on who gave the answer.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 05:52 PM

That's it, Rich. Joey Dahlia will take your place as knowledge base from now on...
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 06:48 PM

Theyd have had to respray the entire guitar. Thered be a definite line in place where they would have sprayed. Not to mention most "rattle can" paints will react with marker ink.

Now, if there IS a line, then thats your proof

edit: WOW this was extremely easy to find out haha....

check this out, the image angle gives it away! Astounding... I cant believe they would have stooped so low as to spray can over the paint... what a crock of crap ibanez...

im speechless.

edit 2: You guys can see where the spray paint smudged the ink a bit. They were lucky they didnt ruin the signature.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Vendor

There is no question Leon masked off all the guitars he signed in indelible with paper towels and shot them with rattle can clear. The questions were, did they [or who did] actually spray whole bodies. I had 201 which was very professionally resprayed over the whole body. HUSA claims they never did. Also in question was if Steve made another trip to sign another batch at HUSA, which I suspect and those are the ones with the hieroglyphs. It has never been answer if he went to Chesbro and signed there, but he would have had to IMO.

The previous post about respraying the whole body was most likely made after I had 201 and before the answers came out that the rattle cleared was not some private amateur job but actually done by HUSA.

There's a reason those pictures were taken like that, and yes, they did basically destroy the signatures.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
There is no question Leon masked off all the guitars he signed in indelible with paper towels and shot them with rattle can clear. The questions were, did they [or who did] actually spray whole bodies. I had 201 which was very professionally resprayed over the whole body. HUSA claims they never did. Also in question was if Steve made another trip to sign another batch at HUSA, which I suspect and those are the ones with the hieroglyphs. It has never been answer if he went to Chesbro and signed there, but he would have had to IMO.
yeah number 60 i dug up here is clear and concise evidence of that! I just think its a hunk of crap they did it like that. Thats really dissapointing to me.

142 has heiroglyphs.

as does your 201

number 50 has some damage to the ink, and most likely has the rattle can.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 PM

Id be willing to bet this is the one they found out they had problems with it

and.... this one is just ridiculous...

i just dont understand the numerical oddballs here. Its very clear the 200's were fine or perhaps they had the full body recoat. The mid 50's - 80's and the mid 300's all have spray paint.

I also dont understand why some were signed on the body and some were signed on the trem cover. How mad are you if you lose that trem cover?
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Vendor

Or 50 is just showing normal wear.

And none of that matters without context of whether the guitar was from HUSA or somewhere else which has an entirely different story.

Stop surmising what you're guessing at. PLENTY have been resigned, had tapes and all sorts of home remedies [including paint] put over the signatures to "protect" them, which all have killed value and have zero to do with how they originally shipped.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Wow..interesting. So about the "warning certs"...which guitars would they likely have been sent with? All? Un-cleared" only? Maybe random?
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
and.... this one is just ridiculous...

If that is clear adhesive, that could be an owner's idea for protecting the sig. Was that one on the auction site a little while back?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Vendor

I've only seen the warnings with US guitars, and not all would have them, most likely only after reality kicked in and they realized there would be problems with the signatures wearing.

Tags
777lng

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode