777 series crap or not ???? - Page 5 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 PM

Re: 777 series crap or not ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon8822 View Post
I know where this guy is coming from... if you look at some reviews on jemsite, the "experts" and professional guitarists that have reviewed the jems... they mostly say that the early 777s are not as good... I think they are full of ****, they are only talking about cosmetics. 777s are great axes. But thread starter, you cant just ramble on about this stuff, you need to give a link to whatever it is your talking about, because you left everyone confused.
Well, what most of these reviews say is that the newer JEMs are superior due to the AANJ and Breeds/Evolutions...... both purely opinion - Fender must have sold several million guitars with the more traditional neck heel, and rarely if ever do you hear Strat or Tele players ragging their guitars because of the heel. Likewise I have JEMs with PAF Pros, Breeds and a TZ/AN combination - none is better than the other, just different. Evolutions I just plain don't like!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 PM

I just read through 4 pages of this thread and no supposed reviews or experts were ever named or linked to......

post #63 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned

if you click on reviews theres a list of all jem models,and they are all rated by 15-20 people the 777s were all at the bottom.7vwh 20th,10th mostly rated top.thats why i started this thread just to see what other jem member thought of this no other reason.but the link on the reviews is not working otherwise i would have named these so called experts.
post #64 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 07:00 AM

Lightbulb Re: 777 series crap or not ????

This site is 10years old, and so are some of those "expert reviews". At the time the originals were not that well liked or respected, mainly due to the 80s colour combo going out of favour, except the rare ones. (MC, PMC, GMC, LNG)

The relative popularity of the RG XX and the abundance of black guitars have put the entire Jem range in a new light.

There was also the prevailing opinion that Jems should have Jem necks, not wizards (VDY) or quasi-wizard (DBK, 90, DNA) since then people have accepted that profiles change over time and that preferences also differ (even Steve's own). The same discussion can also be found on the RGT (3020 vs 320) or J-customs (wizard vs ultra)

There are very similar threads on many other Jems as well:
-why doesn't anyone like the VBSL?
-why does the 90 get no respect?
-who thinks the 20th is an overprized light ornament?
-why all the black guitars? even before the 77VBK was announced
-the VWH is too trailer park, how-to remove gold plating...
etc.

all of these are based upon the false premise that other people's opinions matter, which they don't obviously, it's what *you* want...otherwise we would all be playing the same guitar.

bottom line is the 777s are *not* crap, but they may not be everyone's cup of tea either:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...nez/777DSY.jpg

opinions are like a$$holes...
post #65 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
that's true, you can f**k an opinion but it's dirty..
post #66 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 07:34 AM

When it comes down to it though, this is JEMSITE, a place full of JEM enthusiasts, so what really is point of opening this type of thread here.
post #67 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 07:37 AM

and the 777vsk is the tallest pimphat in the land
post #68 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Banned

yeah looking back was a bad idea starting this thread sorry guys.ill think on next time apologies rob
post #69 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez777vbk View Post
so do i mate i remember in 1990 i saw a band at a local club the guitarist had a 777dy.i was mesmorised by it.there was loads of these 777dy made ive been after one for 17 years still cant find a one for sale
Your English and grammar are appalling sir.

I apologize for saying that, maybe English isn't your first language.

Last edited by supermau; 09-25-2007 at 08:35 AM. Reason: I'm an a-hole, if you having nothing good to say, zip it.
post #70 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:33 AM

Personally I like the 777 series best out of all the JEM models, but again, it's all down to taste. Maple fingerboards and pyramid inlays (and neon colours, heh) happen to be to my taste.
post #71 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermau View Post
Your English and grammar are appalling sir.

I apologize for saying that, maybe English isn't your first language.
your not the first person to say that.im crap at writing letters an stuff cant help it just the way i am.no need to apologize
post #72 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
Yeah....some just plain stink
post #73 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 AM

Rob, don't worry about it. I think these inconsiderate people don't seem to understand that some members here are not great with Grammar and Literacy.

I know a few people who just come here as guests and won't join because they don't want everyone to jump on them as soon as they make a mistake to do with 'Proper Grammar'.
post #74 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion_and_Warfare View Post
Rob, don't worry about it. I think these inconsiderate people don't seem to understand that some members here are not great with Grammar and Literacy.

I know a few people who just come here as guests and won't join because they don't want everyone to jump on them as soon as they make a mistake to do with 'Proper Grammar'.
thanks mate.its not like im thick or anything like that, i had a brain hemorage 7 years ago.its left me with learning difficullties and memory problems big time.coming into some money soon dave what you got for sale down there.have you got a 777lng or a 777dy, ill pay you top dollar
post #75 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:18 AM

I haven't got any of them models for sale Rob, but keep any eye on the 'Classifieds section' though.
Closed Thread

Tags
jem neck , local music store , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple neck , maple necks , music store , paf pro , paf pros , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode