7vwh 77fp or js1000? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

7vwh 77fp or js1000?

Hi guys, i'm a relly newbbie, on jem guitars and forum of course ....
I need your help for taking the right decision (and the right guitar of course!!).

I got just a question for you veterans :

i'm going to buy (not only for my pleasure) an ibanez guitar, i'd go whit a beatiful jem77fp (the first jem ever seen in my life!), but reading post in this forum i found other two interesting guitar: the 7vwh and js1000.

The fact: i got an old Hoffner semiacoustic (end of 70's) for enjoing the old clean sound (and the right one for me), now i need a guitar that won't whistle when i use a big fat distorsion (that piece of history does whistle a lot!!!), and of course i love the sound of master Vai and his great master Joe.
I don't need a metal guitar at all, i just need a modern one; now considering i don't have bugdet problem and that i live in europe (and so i have the chance to buy these tree baby brand new), wich guitar will work best for my needs?

Thanks in advice for your help!!!!!!
and...i forgot to say HELLO to all members
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 11:45 AM

All three guitars are really cool. But ultimately, your ears gotta do the selecting. All three guitars are different woods, different electronics, and the FP has bigger frets if I remember right. I like all three for different reasons. All make great rock and roll guitars. All three are very versatile, and will do nicely. Go play them repeatedly until one stands out. Or, as I'm sure someone here will say, just get all three...lol
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 12:24 PM

I have to agree big time. Both Jems are very different from each other: fret size, fingerboard, body wood, pickups, pickup mounting (newer FP's are direct-mounted), neck profile, etc.

The JS1000 is very different in almost every way but a really cool guitar nonetheless.

Mike 777 Haug
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 03:27 PM

I own a FP and owned a JS1000. The JS is a more classical looking , sounding! and feeling guitar than the jem series. fret radius, body contour, neck profile are more like a stratocaster.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 05:51 PM

If you're playing a lot on the upper frets of the neck I would choose the VWH. The JEMs have 24 frets compared to the JS 22 fret neck and the VWH is the only one of the 3 with the all access neck joint.

I like the sound of the paf pro's in the FP better than the Evo's in the VWH but that's personal preference.

As the other guys here have already said: try them out and see what you like.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 03:05 AM

Sounds to me like you're looking for anyway out of buying a Jem.
Outside of the Jem, my UVMC is the only guitar I've played that was comparable.
Buy a Jem. They're the best guitars on earth. Jesus Christ himself performed a miracle and the Jem was the result.

Screw not having money left over. The satisfaction from buying a Jem and emptying your bank account will be like the aftermath of sex with a high class prostitute. Don't sell yourself short my friend.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 03:34 AM

Knightmeir and his endless metaphors containing sex with different class prostitutes.... :P
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Ok now i'm "sooooooo happy"
i went to my local store and buy a used 77fp...in mint condition, the customer says it got 3 months.
Now i'm not sure maybe it was 5 months old, but not more cause it's realy well maintained, no scratch, no signs of hevy use...almost new!!!!
I was going to take a new js1000, for $$$ problem (hell those jem does cost a lot of $$$), but when i saw this baby alone, used, and priced 1300€ (about 1500$) my mind had a vision..."get that axe!!!", and yes sir, i take it!!!! (here in italy i'd have to spend 2k€ for a brand new one...).

Now thanks to everyone here that gave me a little help, i haven't tried the 7v, but i think i'll be whit this one.

And one last thing i do like more the sound and the felling of the jem, the Js is a great guitar too, and if i was to buy it new i'd go for that one.
I saw a starnge js in the shop...it was trasparent ...think it was a special model...absolutley fantastic looking!!!! is it plexiglass?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 08:41 AM

Doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 02:27 AM

I want to feel warm and fuzzy inside too! But then I don't have a Jem...
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo
And one last thing i do like more the sound and the felling of the jem, the Js is a great guitar too, and if i was to buy it new i'd go for that one.
I saw a starnge js in the shop...it was trasparent ...think it was a special model...absolutley fantastic looking!!!! is it plexiglass?
js crystal planet maybe huh?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 08:57 AM

Congrats on the FP, bingo!

...and as sam669 said, the transparent js was probably a JS2KCP aka "crystal planet".
See the specsheet for more info.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 10:17 AM

I suggest a floral...oh wait....!!!

just kidding

Congrats on the Jem

ciao

Simon
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

i'm not sure about fuzzy (didn't understand the exact meaning , but i can guess ...) but i have to say that i passed the first two days whit my 1st jem plaing whitout tha amp and looking at it...whit all that pink it makes me feel like a real man!!!
and yes sam669 was right it was the crystal planet!!! absolutley fantastic but i lost my chance to play it...maybe i'll retutn back to the shop just for plaing it
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 05:49 PM

If money isnt a issue buy all 3!! I wish i could.

Tags
access neck joint , crystal planet , fret neck , fret size , neck joint , paf pro , upper fret , upper frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode