7VWH.... Gold whammy? - looks great too! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
rvj

7VWH.... Gold whammy? - looks great too!

I was at G.C. yesterday and I seen a new VWH with a gold bar. It looked really cool, and added a nice touch to the trem. Anyway, I asked about it and as usual... they did'nt know if it was stock or not? So, I was wondering if anybody else has spotted these? And what the story is? --rvj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 10:40 PM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

Hmm.. Never seen one before. Now I want a gold bar for my VWH!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 09:14 AM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

i always thought itwas dumb that they didn't have the gold bar for the gold hardware guitars ~ I'd kill for one on my BFP-G

Gabe had a picture of one of his, which he painted, but it was mostly for show - the paint would have come off pretty quickly if it was getting played.

Still got that pic Gabe?

If you (or anybody) happen to find out the origin of the gold bar in that store or someboy who'd be able to make a long-lasting gold finish on a black bar, please let me know.

~Kenny
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 07:25 PM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

that bfp g is one freakin nice geetar.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 07:28 PM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

I wonder if Rich knows anything about these...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 07:38 PM
Vendor

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

It's possible they have a G color code for them, I've never tried to order to see. If they do it would be 2LE2-1G
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 08:53 PM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

Quote:
davester1234 on 7:25 pm on Feb. 11, 2002
that bfp g is one freakin nice geetar.
Thanks. *It's my #1 baby.
It actually looks nicer when you can see the gold and maple together.
The neck is a little shorter in this picture.

http://www.invisibleband.com/bfp-gold.jpg

~Kenny
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 11:46 AM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

Quote:
kennydoe on 10:14 am on Feb. 11, 2002

Gabe had a picture of one of his, which he painted, but it was mostly for show - the paint would have come off pretty quickly if it was getting played.

Still got that pic Gabe?
Yep, sure do:

http://www.jemfest.com/candid/Thursd...s/P0000755.htm

It wasn't painted, but I had a gold foil on it that would eventually rub off to silver. *Like Kenny said - just for show.

Perhaps you should go back in the store with a black bar and 'swap' them out while no one's looking. *

Gabe
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 12:12 PM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

'scuse me ~ i have to go wipe off my screen. *:love:
~K
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 10:43 AM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

My jem7vwh was a gift from my sister (thanks C!!) and she got it from a GC in the Northeast. *At the time I wasn't very familiar with tremolo bars or Ibanez guitars (I played an old Strat copy); all I or she knew was that the vwh was Steve Vai's guitar. * When I started playing in earnest I realized that the gold whammy bar that the guitar came with was not suited for the Jem. *It was gold, and probably looked nice hanging on the wall, but it was a different contour from the black bar and more importantly, it didn't fit in place. *It set into place but it didn't pop in the way the standard Lo-Pro Edge bar does. *It clunked around and felt weird. *Actually I think it was a different metal from the gold hardware on the guitar. *I bought a new bar and after that I was playing "Blue Powder" without any problem at all. * NOT!

The retailer may have been trying to pull one over on my sister (and on me), or it may have been just an oversight on their part. * Since the new tremelo wasn't very expensive ($20 or thereabouts) I didn't make a stink but perhaps I should have. *
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 12:14 PM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

I'm shocked that GC even had the tremelo bar. Every time I buy a guitar from them, they can never find the bar and wrench pack!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 02:18 PM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

Quote:
big al on 1:14 pm on Feb. 14, 2002
I'm shocked that GC even had the tremelo bar. Every time I buy a guitar from them, they can never find the bar and wrench pack!
Should be reason enough to say "Don't buy from GC!"

Gabe
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
rvj

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

Alright, here's the story... I stopped by GC today and talked to Beavis and Butthead, they both claim the gold bar is now standard on the VWH. I then asked if I can order one and they replied... Duh, uh I dunno (scratch). What do you think? Umm, maybe dude, (scratch, scratch). Duh, sorry dude! It's not in the computer. --rvj
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 07:55 PM

7VWH.... Gold whammy?

What kind of JEM was that, that was black?!??? Looks like a tenth with diff headsdtock and body.
???

also the BFP looks awesome. Gold Gotohs (Gotohs?) with Lo Pro. Very cool.

Tags
ibanez guitars , pro edge , steve vai , tremolo bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode