'93 PGM100 modding project
I bought this PGM100 from Yahoo auctions in Japan back in 2006.
Finally got round to doing it up.
The previous owner had takenthe finish off and rounded the edges of the body.
Since then I've:
- fine sanded body and applied new oil finish
- added shocking pick 90s style ibanez logo back to the head stock.
- fine sanded the back of the neck to take away to give it a super fast satin feel
- replaced the original Edge which had been really tarnished & knife edges worn.
- new volume pot
- installed kill-switch
- strap locks and blue strap to match original pgm finish..
Project is just about done.. It now plays really great & I think looks really unique.
I get a slight popping sound with the killswitch at low volume so going to try adding high value resistor, which I've heard minimises it.
What do you all think? Do you prefer the original look?