aaaaaaargh jems - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

aaaaaaargh jems

no disrespect but do you people not think its a bit sad that you all have the same guitar? or you all buy the same guitars wouldnt you rather be original and own something as rare as possible?
no matter what colour a jem is its still something 1000's of people have.
just a question from someone who is interested to know why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:50 AM

Re: aaaaaaargh jems

Quote:
Originally Posted by postofficebuddy View Post
no disrespect but do you people not think its a bit sad that you all have the same guitar? or you all buy the same guitars wouldnt you rather be original and own something as rare as possible?

so your suggesting everyone should have a custom? so no 2 Indiviuals guitars are the same?
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Perhaps there is a reason thousands of people play a JEM, Statocaster, Telecaster or a Gibson?

Did you ever played a JEM?

I played over dozens of guitars and owned about the same amount, but the only guitars for me are my old Fender HM from '88, my trusty JEM7VWH and my UVMC. They just play and sound amazing (and look very good imho)

Last edited by Jempy(HoTrOd); 10-19-2006 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Great guitars simply .

Regards

André

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:32 AM

Why are you on "Jemsite" anyways? I play Jems because they are perfect for my playing style, feel great, play great , sound great. I could care less what others have really. I'm not going to stop wearing Levis just because millions of other people are wearing Levi's too. The same goes for Jems. Besides Ibanez doesn't have a custom shop. A lot of people like myself personalize them anyways, by either changing pick guards, or knobs...some people completely change the color.

Also they aren't all the same guitar. I have 3 Jems and they all sound and play differently. They all have their own personality I should say. My VWH isn't like anyone else's and vice versa other than the white color. Saying all VWH are the same is like saying all white people are the same, it's simply not true. So no, I don't think it's sad that 1000's of us all have "similar" guitars because they're not all the same. The only Jem I have that's completely stock is my FP, and that's because I can't find pink chrome knobs anywhere.

I feel sad for those who want a Jem but can't afford one. I feel especially sad for the poor dupes who bought a counterfit Jem off of evilbay thinking they're finally getting the real thing. But I don't think it's sad we have similar guitars at all. A lot of us just have great taste , that's all there is too it.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:42 AM

Cool Re: aaaaaaargh jems

Great minds think alike!!..................mo
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:38 AM

the same can be said in almost all interests...

I used to like motorcycling and always wanted a fireblade... someone said to me once "why do you want one? they are as common as grass !"

there is a good reason for that ! people buy them cos they are excellent pieces of motorcycle engineering...

the same goes for JEM's - they are superbly crafted guitars...
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:29 AM

Quote:
This is the dumbest statement I've heard in a while (no disrespect either) . JEM's are excellent guitars, "rarity" has nothing to do with it. Thousands of people also have Les Pauls, Strats, Tele's, Jackson's, ESP's, etc. C'mon man. Everyone's JEM is their own, even if it looks like another at first glance.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
You're right, there shouldn't be fansites for any production guitar. The jig is up, people, go home.

Might I ask what awesome, as-rare-as-possible guitars that you play that make you so much better than everyone? Mind you, spray-painted GiO's don't count.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jempy(HoTrOd) View Post
but the only guitars for me are my old Fender HM from '88, my trusty JEM7VWH and my UVMC.
You have good taste! I love my HM, too. AMAZING guitars.

~M
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 10:01 AM

~playability

try one...you might like it

And there are a LOT more than 1000's of people who have Strats, Les Pauls, etc

Plus there MANY different models of Jems and the differences go much deeper than just the PAINT job,

so your "You all have the SAME guitar" point is unfounded!

Me thinks your going to have a limited "stint" on Jemsite
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 10:21 AM

I bought a PRS Custom 24 Brazillian limited to only 500 worldwide...big deal, the guitar i always go to is my JEM7VWH..sums it up for me!
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 10:33 AM

Well looking at your first ever post here you claim to have a 7v, so you tell us the answer to your own moronic question
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 10:38 AM

what guitar do you play?
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 10:40 AM

Quote:
In a word? No.
Closed Thread

Tags
chrome knobs , custom shop , guitar playing , les paul , les pauls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode