AANJ Jem Neck - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

AANJ Jem Neck

I've been looking around for a place that sells AANJ necks that have the same Vine inlay and Scalloped frets as on the Jem. I did check ETGuitars, and they look as they do very quality work, at a great price, but I don't like that there is an average 4 month of wait time. Anyone know of other sites with the same quality and pricing(ish), but without the wait? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 01:15 AM

Re: AANJ Jem Neck

You're going have to wait, no matter who you choose to build from, ET is currently avoiding being backlogged, so no orders for 4 months. but after 4 months, they'll be taking orders again. You can try Christopher woods. or jaden rose.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 01:47 AM
Vendor

Or I have a few original necks if you want.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defy704 View Post
I've been looking around for a place that sells AANJ necks that have the same Vine inlay and Scalloped frets as on the Jem. I did check ETGuitars, and they look as they do very quality work, at a great price, but I don't like that there is an average 4 month of wait time. Anyone know of other sites with the same quality and pricing(ish), but without the wait? Thanks.
http://www.guitarworkshop-uk.com/pages/Store/necks.html
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Or I have a few original necks if you want.
What is the price of one, since you don't list it on your site? If you would prefer not to publish it, could you please PM me?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

I have looked on Jadens website, and as he does good work, that exchange rate is not very nice. 299.99 Euros for the neck I want comes to 424.09 USD.

Rich, as for original necks do you mean the standard JEM neck joint or AANJ?

Thanks!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Vendor

New 58mm heel 7VWH necks are $675.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 06:34 PM

Your first choice should always be an original Jem neck, from Rich if he has in stock. If you are after a customised neck for a project, then us, or Jaden could help you. Check which place is closer and can more closely fill your spec.

Yes our wait time is at least 4 months presently. I apologise for being honest. I could alternatively just take peoples money, and disappoint them, then watch my Official Thread surge past 100+ pages of death threats from lynch mobs. By all means give your money to one of these 100+ page vendors, if what you want to hear is that you will have a custom product within a week
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 09:17 PM

Defy,get used to long time deelays. These people works with all-world-customers, so no surprise with those deelays.But if you're looking for custom work it's worth the time
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Guitars View Post
Your first choice should always be an original Jem neck, from Rich if he has in stock. If you are after a customised neck for a project, then us, or Jaden could help you. Check which place is closer and can more closely fill your spec.

Yes our wait time is at least 4 months presently. I apologise for being honest. I could alternatively just take peoples money, and disappoint them, then watch my Official Thread surge past 100+ pages of death threats from lynch mobs. By all means give your money to one of these 100+ page vendors, if what you want to hear is that you will have a custom product within a week
death threats from lynch mobs - made me laugh

I know its a killer with exchange rate to the US and likely lways will be..

couple of pages up now on my ever changing site - thanks Sam !

http://www.guitarworkshop-uk.com/pages/necks.html

http://www.guitarworkshop-uk.com/pages/Store/necks.html

by the way, I have made some changes tot he building proces and will be reducing the price of necks soon to reflect the sheer amount of time saved.
you heard it here first folks !
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

I wasn't quite complaining about the wait time, more-so looking at all of my options out there. I had seen ET first simply because they do paint work also, which sparked my interest. I now know of a painter around me so that part of the equation has been factored out when looking for a neck.

I also understand with quality comes a wait time. That is perfectly fine and I respect the hard work put into everything you guys do.

Anyways, Jaden I will be checking back for that price drop! Then I will more than likely be dropping a custom order your way!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
New 58mm heel 7VWH necks are $675.
I thought it was 56mm? Ibanez website definitely has it as 56mm. Would a 77VBK neck be the same price?
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Vendor

Only the EGEN and the AT still have 56mm heels.

I don't have any VBK, only 20th. [same neck without heel marks at a much higher price]
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 12:51 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean without heel marks? Also, can you order 56mm VBK necks? How about 56mm VWH necks? reason I ask is because the 56mm heel should fit any standard routed body, while the 58 would not.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Vendor

1. those standard routed bodies are all copyright and trademark violations, and someday the conpany will crack down. It's already being discussed.
2. you can't just order necks in the US
3. there never was a 56mm heel vbk. [except the 777]
4. heel marks, model number, inspectors marks, etc. left off the 20th necks [mostly] because they'd show through.

Tags
aanj , jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode