aanj neck joint screws - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

aanj neck joint screws

Can someone tell me the difference in japanese and korean ibanez neck joint screws? I am having Fede build me a custom body and neck, but don't know if they are including these screws. Rich doesn't have any, but said to be sure and get ones from a Japanese guitar. He couldn't remember exactly what the difference was, ...so I'm just curious. I'd also like to know where I can get a set! The neck and body don't do any good if I can't stick 'em together. I'd like to buy them new, but don't know where to do that or how to know if I'm getting the proper screws (and ferrules/washers). Rich said the last two times he'd ordered them, they sent the wrong ones. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:21 PM

Re: aanj neck joint screws

They are different lengths and the spacers are different sizes.
If you put korean ones on, they will go thru the fretboard b4 the're all the way in. There might other differences also but thats the obvious one.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Vendor

My last reply was

>larger seats and screws if i remember right

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Okay, sounds like the Korean screws are LONGER then? (Rich, it was the "if I remember rightly" part causing me to say you didn't remember "exactly". Did you mean "bigger" in diameter or length?) It's more of a curiosity for me at this point, although, ....I really freakin' need the screws LOL. There are several sets on the bay, but I don't know if I trust any of them to be the right ones. I even had one person tell me they have two sets, and asked if I could tell them which ones are which.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Vendor

If I knew that I'd be "correct"

Frank always said the seats were larger and I believe screw diameter larger, although it could be longer, or both.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:54 PM

I measured them and japanese screws and seates are alot smaller all round, diameter and length.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

well, I certainly don't want what crevis is saying to happen to my new neck, and bolt through the fingerboard! (Of course, I'll check the length first before I actually try it!) Best case scenario is Fede sends them with the body and neck, but I don't know yet. Haven't heard back from them on this one. Second would be if you get them in Rich!

Rich, assuming that neither of the above happens, do you think the correct screws could be ordered from Ibanez at a local store that is a vendor for Ibanez? I wonder if they'd send the correct screws then? (of course, if you get them in I won't have to worry about it!)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Vendor

That's how I never get them.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
That's how I never get them.
Unhappily, ...that's what I figured. So, what's the solution to the dilemna? Go to the hardware store and get screws the correct length, bore out for the diameter if necessary? What about ferrules?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Vendor

You buy them on e-bay
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help guys. Only other place/club on the web I've found where there's good help available. The other was a car club (www.starquestclub.com). Good help is hard to find.

Tags
ibanez neck , neck joint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode