about ibanezrules - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

about ibanezrules

sorry to make another thread about rich/ibanezrules. im not trying to beat the dead horse. mods, if im out of line, i apologize.

ive thoroughly read through these forums, and the ibanezrules website, and i have my heart set on a js1000bp from rich's site. the extensive setup/thorough inspection is something that sold me right away. after my last guitar that i bought, which gave me constant problems, i want to buy a guitar that plays properly and is reliable.

its a birthday present, and my parents are splitting the money with me. they are very hesitant about ordering a guitar from a "unathorized" dealer. i've explained to them about all the positive feedback rich has recieved, and how important to me it is that i get a properly functioning instrument, tweaked to perfection, but they are still very hesitant about the whole situation.

i know since im not paying for it 100%, i have to live with whatever choice they make. im not going to cry if they refuse to split the cost if they dont agree with where im buying it from.

with that said, im just wondering if anybody has been in this situation, and maybe give me some advice on how i can show my parents that im not buying into some scam. i feel ive done enough research throughout the forums to not have to worry about getting ripped off, but im just having trouble getting this message through to my parents.

any advice that could make them feel more secure about this transaction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:08 PM

Re: about ibanezrules

Best thing to do is ask them where they wanted to buy it from and then just show them what the difference is between the place they want to buy it from and the place you want to buy it from. But hey, if you really want your parent's to split it halfway with you on a guitar, it's best to let them pick the shop they want to buy it from, go with them there and then slooowly try to convince them about how much better the vendor you want to buy it from is.

I can't help you much beyond that 'cause I've always had to buy my own stuff... I've never had someone else chip in for one of my guitars. But seriously, check with your parent's first before anything 'cause it really sucks if you can't afford to buy the guitar.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce
Best thing to do is ask them where they wanted to buy it from and then just show them what the difference is. But hey, if you really want your parent's to split it halfway with you on a guitar, it's best to let them pick the shop they want to buy it from and then slooowly try to convince them about how much better the vendor you want to buy it from is.

i hear ya, thats kinda what i figured. ill probably end up saving the rest of the cash myself so i can get it. i guess i just have to accept that what they choose to do with the money they contribute is their decision.

thanks
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:11 PM

Rich is really the best choice if you want an Ibanez (high end that is). He's got parts too .

Regards

André

post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:13 PM

(get them to use that potential money they would have split with you to buy something else at the place they wanted to spend the money at.. I mean if they were going to chip in $500 on a guitar and now won't, try to get them to get you $500 worth of stuff that you can use at the place they want to buy from. I mean hey.. you can't really go wrong with more pickups or another amp *wink* *wink*)
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:14 PM

Oooooh... you don't want to be dealing with that Rich guy, try Ed Roman instead (j/k)

Sit them at the computer with you, show them the Jemsite forums and more importantly show them Rich's site thoroughly. Anyone that goes as far into detail as he does with things must show a great level of competance even to the most ignorant of folk.

Basically you've got to convince them that it's worth getting a guitar from someone that knows what they're doing as opposed to some smartarse shop assistant that THINKS they know everything.

Good luck!
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:19 PM

Reviews: 10
Smile Re: about ibanezrules

Tell your parents that Rich is honest to a fault and has been around for a long time, have them check out his website so that they can get to know more about how he does business, show them that he even has sections in his site that deal
with how to protect yourself from fakes and fraudsters (that should put them more at ease) and to finally lay all their concerns to rest they can even call him
and talk to him, I think that should do the trick for them.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce
(get them to use that potential money they would have split with you to buy something else at the place they wanted to spend the money at.. I mean if they were going to chip in $500 on a guitar and now won't, try to get them to get you $500 worth of stuff that you can use at the place they want to buy from. I mean hey.. you can't really go wrong with more pickups or another amp *wink* *wink*)
that's definately my backup plan if this falls through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249
Sit them at the computer with you, show them the Jemsite forums and more importantly show them Rich's site thoroughly. Anyone that goes as far into detail as he does with things must show a great level of competance even to the most ignorant of folk.

Basically you've got to convince them that it's worth getting a guitar from someone that knows what they're doing as opposed to some smartarse shop assistant that THINKS they know everything.

Good luck!
i printed out the detailed explanation of exactly how he inspects and tweaks each guitar before sending it, i dont think they've had a chance to read it yet. hopefully reading that (even though they probably wont understand most of it lol) will help seal the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S
Tell your parents that Rich is honest to a fault and has been around for a long time, have them check out his website so that they can get to know more about how he does business, show them that he even has sections in his site that deal
with how to protect yourself from fakes and fraudsters (that should put them more at ease) and to finally lay all their concerns to rest they can even call him
and talk to him, I think that should do the trick for them.
i havent checked out the "fakes and fraudster" section yet, ill have to take a look at that.

thanks for the support, i wasn't sure how you guys would react to this thread. it was kind of a last resort if you know what i mean. thanks.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Yeah, and Rich offers a warranty and customer support anyway.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Get them to read this forum
And as a buyer of 4 guitars and various parts from Rich, all I can say is that I've always been happy.
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Vendor

I'd ask them what they believe "authorized" means. Because bottom line is all it means is that Ibanez allows them direct access to buy wholesale from the distributor, and backs their guitars with the distributors warranty. It doesn't mean they're more trustworthy [if that's the concern]. If the distributor warranty is their main concern then they should buy from an authorized dealer, but I fully believe my warranty is better, and much more customer friendly than the one the distributors offer. The whole reason I started stocking parts years ago was to be able to very quickly meet any warranty parts need where typical distributor service has to go to a warranty center [or distributor itself] and then wait for parts from the distributor. Not exactly the most efficient way of handling problems
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:37 PM

Yeah, I went into an authorised dealers down south last weekend (in the UK) and the guy was such a prick, you could tell you would have a hard time dealing with him. I came out thinking, "Wow, if that guy wasn't such a prick I'd of probably bought a guitar RIGHT THERE from him"

What I'm saying is authoised doesn't exactly mean that you'll have an easy ride, you'll just have an authorised one, lol
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

thanks rich, gurj, cozi, i appreciate the feedback. im going to have another civil discussion with them about it later when they get home, i hope some of what's been mentioned here can help me with my case.

when this has been resolved, ill be sure to post back and let you guys know how it goes.

thanks again
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:38 PM

lol... I would NEVER buy anything online, especially without being able to see it in person first...
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:09 PM

I don't think you'll find a more honest dealer than Rich.

Show your parents the various Rich Harris lovefest threads on this site. Show them the used section of ibanezrules where Rich describes *in painstaking detail* every little bump, scratch, and blemish on his guitars.

Are your parents worried about buying online or about Rich specifically? If it's the latter, do a google search on any of the major online dealers and show them the countless horror stories people have about their customer service.

Tags
floyd rose , guitar shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , local music store , music store , playing guitar , tremolo system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode