about tremolo... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

about tremolo...

hey guys

i just wanna ask nyou about the difference between lo-pro edge and edge tremolos. what is the difference?

also i heard that ibanez is going to make new type of tremolo soon. do you know anything about it?

thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 09:57 AM

A little late to the game here huh?

Ibanez already has released their new trems, there are discussions all over this board about them, and if you click on the big swirly banner at the top of the page you can read on Rich's site all about them.

As far as the Low-Pro/Regular Edge debate, for me it's either/or . . .

The Low-Pro has the fine tuners a bit more out of the way, but if you don't rest your hand on the bridge (I don't) you won't even notice. As far as the trem action they feel identical to me.

Steve Vai uses either/or as well, and he DOES rest his hand on the bridge, but has no problems with either.

Mic
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 03:58 PM

the edge feels a bit more neutral (hence flutter-happy) to me, so i like it a lot more. transplanted my '88 RG's edge into my 7vWH a couple days ago, and i'm wondering why i didn't do this before.

~A
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

so...

is that new tremolo zero stop, edge pro2, double edge and edge pro 7?

hmmmmmmm

which one is the best?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 10:09 AM

Edge, (1987 to 1990)
Lo Pro Edge, (1991 - 2003)
Edge Pro (2003 - Present)

Those are the Flagship Ibanez Trems, their are some trivial issues with the new Edge Pro but personally I find nothing wrong with it what so ever.

Lo-TRS
Lo-TRS II
Egde Pro II

These are the cheaper Ibanez Trems which suck.. Edge Pro II is an improvment on the TRS trems but nothing too amazing.

http://www.jemsite.com/axes/htm_features/trems.htm - is a better write up on the individual trems. altho it doesnt cover the Edge Pro.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 10:11 AM

the ZR trem is different i'll give it that I dont think it'd be much of a "vai" trem but it's deffinatly a good trem to dive bomb with and it will give a perfect return to pitch but I dont think it's the best at fluttering if i remember correctly.. infact i dont know if it flutters at all. kinda like the kahler trems.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukwan
the ZR trem is different i'll give it that I dont think it'd be much of a "vai" trem but it's deffinatly a good trem to dive bomb with and it will give a perfect return to pitch but I dont think it's the best at fluttering if i remember correctly.. infact i dont know if it flutters at all. kinda like the kahler trems.
With the zero-stop bar installed I don't think it flutters much, if at all, but if you remove it to let the trem float it flutters like crazy.

Plus it stays dead on in tune, up or down.

It feels different, but it works as well as, if not better, than any of the FR type trems out there since there's almost no friction using the ball-bearing design.

Mic
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

can you change the trem of jem to ZR if you want to?

Tags
edge trem , ibanez trem , kahler trem , pro edge , steve vai , trs trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode