Accident!!! - Page 4 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 04:51 PM

Re: Accident!!!

In 2002 I bought a 'new' 7vwh and had it shipped to my home in florida. I went home at lunch to open the box and inspect it. I took the backplate off to see the springs, open the case, got my paperwork, you know the usual. I locked up the house and headed back to work. Two hours later my buddy who is a cop came and got me and said my house had been broken into. The bastards gotr $11000.00 worth of stuff, 4 guitars including the new Jem that I had not got to play yet. The backplate was my only souvenier. Don't feel bad for me though, my insurance reimbursement got me a 7vsbl and another new 7vwh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez2005
I had just bought a new rg1550, left it standing up against my bed while i went out for a while, came back to see my cat had knocked a 6ft mirror i was putting up into my guitar, smashed the mirror to pieces, but more importantly my guitar too. it was covered in chips on the front, still plays great though.
I see the message here is to put your cats in a case when your Jems are out!
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 02:45 PM

The only thing I can think of that happend was my old Peavey Raptor falling off the cheap ass guitar stand and cracking on the side of my desk. No damage though, just had to re tune but I've had near misses when throwing a phone or misc items on the bed and forgeting that my RG 560 was there but it never hit. I sure learned though.

Im not too worried about anything happening to my amps seeing as I never take them anywhere and they're both older than I am. Peavey Pacer and a Yamaha G100-112 sitting on top of the pacer (I removed the handle). But worst case, Yamaha falls, takes out my 57 clone and AT 2020, pulls down on the N64 cord that's connected to te VCR, grabs my headstock from behind and brings it stright down to the metal frame of the bed and crashing amp. Its actually in the possition to do that so I should REALLY fix that.
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 02:51 PM

Dont worry dude, guitars are a bit like kids, with a bit of TLC they bounce back!!
when I was younger I used to jump around the stage hitting cymbals with the headstock of my first Ibanez!! (rock and roll man)
I have since come to learn the error of my ways but learned that it takes a hell of a lot to but a good guitar out of action! for good....!

Hitting cymbals (blushing)
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarocks
In 2002 I bought a 'new' 7vwh and had it shipped to my home in florida. I went home at lunch to open the box and inspect it. I took the backplate off to see the springs, open the case, got my paperwork, you know the usual. I locked up the house and headed back to work. Two hours later my buddy who is a cop came and got me and said my house had been broken into. The bastards gotr $11000.00 worth of stuff, 4 guitars including the new Jem that I had not got to play yet. The backplate was my only souvenier. Don't feel bad for me though, my insurance reimbursement got me a 7vsbl and another new 7vwh.
Talk about bad luck man .

Regards

André

post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxcreaturexxx
Ok, my 7VWH is going through some tough times. My daughter sat on her and cracked her neck. Now it may not seem like much, but she was new to our household and will be away for a few days getting fixed.
Damn having kids is tough sometimes.
What's away getting fixed, the guitar or your daughter?
post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red5
What's away getting fixed, the guitar or your daughter?
he's probably talkig about the guitar.

people often personify their instruments here. i still have no clue why...
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

I'm also a guitar flipper. Twice I have been burned by doing such stupid sh*t.
One time, my strap actually broke as the guitar was coming back around. It flew over my shoulder and skid across the floor on it's back. It was perfectly fine. Not a scratch on the guitar, although it was a knocked out of tune. It hit the fall on it's side and didn't leave a mark, luckilu.

The second mis hap happened when I was flipping a guitar and was standing a little too close to a wall. Yeah, you guessed it... the head stock flew over my shoulder and went straight into the wall. LOL, I was so drunk that I wasn't phased by how much damage I could have done. The guitar was just knocked severely out of tune. After the set, I picked the guitat back up, tuned it, and checked the intonation. It was dead perfect.
PRS makes gutiars that could take beating...

Yeah, I'm a jerk, I flip $2000 guitars and I'm not Yngwie. Atleast I'm in good shape and the guitar doesn't get caught on my gut when I flip it.
Later,
Nik
post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 05:27 PM

Question Re: Accident!!!

Just thinking...

How about shooting up an RG (at 2 or 3 "strategical spots" of course) and have it painted white/red bleeding with real slugholes? I think I'd do that to one of my RG's *evil grin*

In the case that I'd decide to so this, what ammo should one use to make sure the slug will stay inside and the body won't be shot to pieces by the impact? Would a hollowpoint 9mm do the trick? I think the hole of a .22 would to be to small to be "shocking".

What do you guys think out there?

Regards,

D.
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgos
Just thinking...

How about shooting up an RG (at 2 or 3 "strategical spots" of course) and have it painted white/red bleeding with real slugholes? I think I'd do that to one of my RG's *evil grin*

D.
Might cause problems with security if you do it on stage as part of your act
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgos
Just thinking...

In the case that I'd decide to so this, what ammo should one use to make sure the slug will stay inside and the body won't be shot to pieces by the impact? Would a hollowpoint 9mm do the trick? I think the hole of a .22 would to be to small to be "shocking".

What do you guys think out there?

Regards,

D.

I say get the president of Evilbay to hold it and use a bazooka!
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 06:51 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlp777
I bought a 7vwh off Rich at IbanezRules a few years back. (near mint condition used guitar, it was B.E.A.Yuutiful...) First thing I did was set it down, head into the closet to grab a cable, and then turn around to watch one of my cats attack it and knock it over... the headstock landed on a box of CDs and snapped 2 of the thinner strings and dent the paint right on the front. I managed to damage my first Jem before I'd ever played it. What a dumbass I can be....
How are you a dumbass here? I'd garotte the cat with the broken strings.
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezPrestigeBoy
I'm also a guitar flipper. Twice I have been burned by doing such stupid sh*t.
One time, my strap actually broke as the guitar was coming back around. It flew over my shoulder and skid across the floor on it's back. It was perfectly fine. Not a scratch on the guitar, although it was a knocked out of tune. It hit the fall on it's side and didn't leave a mark, luckilu.

The second mis hap happened when I was flipping a guitar and was standing a little too close to a wall. Yeah, you guessed it... the head stock flew over my shoulder and went straight into the wall. LOL, I was so drunk that I wasn't phased by how much damage I could have done. The guitar was just knocked severely out of tune. After the set, I picked the guitat back up, tuned it, and checked the intonation. It was dead perfect.
PRS makes gutiars that could take beating...

Yeah, I'm a jerk, I flip $2000 guitars and I'm not Yngwie. Atleast I'm in good shape and the guitar doesn't get caught on my gut when I flip it.
Later,
Nik
rotfl, i want to hear from anyone thats flipped a guitar and cracked either the bass player of singer in the head . lol that would be something to see i think
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 02:56 PM

I get used to stuff falling over now. First time my RG7420 (my first proper guitar) fell over and had a massive chip in the headstock i almost cried. I just shouted swear words instead.

Now, my main guitar looks like EVO I just shout swear words when it falls over. Get the anger out

Tags
amp head , clear coat , cliplock strap , cliplock straps , darren wilson , flame maple , guitar body , near mint condition , ray vaughan , rich warlock , sounding guitar , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , strap lock , strap locks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode