ah hah!!!!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

ah hah!!!!!!

I finally figured out why my universe hasnt arrived yet! first, heres the story. i ordered it on the 5th of february. it was to arrive in 4 weeks...4weeks later, no show. another 4 weeks, no show. my friend at the music store decided to check somestuff out because of the long ; unappropriate wait. THE DISTRIBUTOR SOLD MY GUITAR TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!! yes, he did! my friend then contacted his boss and told him the story. a new guitar is coming tommorow, and the distributor who sold it is now FIRED. finally, justice is present.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 04:21 PM

ah hah!!!!!!

Justice may be present....but when they knock a hundred bucks off the price for your inconvenience due to their negligence, it will also be 'accounted for'.

Unacceptable business practices. *Tell them so. *Make sure you let them know that you're a part of a guitar community that boasts thousands of members and you'll be happy to tell us their name and urge a boycott of their store.

~K
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

ah hah!!!!!!

ill try that.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 07:13 PM

ah hah!!!!!!

Never ever hesitate to use anything you can to ratchet down the price of an instrument.

With new it can be diffucult.

However...with used...I've had times they damned near gave the thing to me for free because I'd come up with so many flaws on it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

ah hah!!!!!!

well, *the store was indeed negligant, and un acceptable. im still gonna get it, but all they'd give me was a free case...that may seem good, but on the day i payed the down payment, it was offered to me...so, in other words, theyre just @#$!%^ *&@#[email protected]! so , im gonna let you guys learn from this experience of mine. The store i bought from is a canadian chain called "Long & McQuade" musical instruments. I found that the employees there dont give a s***, and are very negligant. The canadian distributor for the store that did the deed was "EFKAY" music; in quebec. so, for all the Canadians on here, if you can, PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM EFKAY, OR LONG & MQUADE ! if anything bad occurs, theyll treat you like a 10year old.

(Edited by wheresthebeef at 1:21 am on April 12, 2002)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 11:55 PM

ah hah!!!!!!

If I were you I'd cancel the order. *You're not teaching them any kind of lesson in how to treat customers if you still buy it. *It's not like the guitar is one of a kind. *You can get one anywhere else that sells Ibanez.

But that's just me. *Bad customer service really bugs me.

Later,
G
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 12:51 AM
Vendor

ah hah!!!!!!

Unless there's more to this story than you're telling, your actions are irrational. How exactly was L&M at fault?!?! They ordered your guitar, a rep from EFKAY sold it out from under them. What exactly did you expect L&M to do? Give you a free guitar? They aren't at fault even .1%. (unless there's more to this story)

BTW EFKAY is the distributor for the ENTIRE COUNTRY!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

ah hah!!!!!!

i guess i was a little harsh, but still, efkay refuses to do anything about my misfortune. l&m doesnt have to, but either way, i found that as a music store, they are what i said anyways, whether the inncident happenned or not. and trust me, ive dealt with lots of music stores, and l&m somewhat hits rockbottom. its tough to describe in words.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2002, 03:36 AM

ah hah!!!!!!

My best advise (as a veteran in the music retail buisness) is that what store you go to doesnt matter. * The best store you go to will ****
some one over sometime.... in simplest terms, its a business, and they're gonna do what they have to do to turn a profit. *

This being said... *go to whatever store you want, but find a sales guy you like, and STICK WITH HIM. *Nothing motivates us like loyal customers.... nothing. *If Ive been working with a guy for several months (or years) I take a personal interest in seeing that he gets taken care of. *If something goes wrong, I feel bad and do what i can to make the situation right (keep in mind, a guy has to eat, so free guitars are still out of the question). *There is always a chance things will go wrong, vendors will be backordered, UPSucks will trash the item in transit, or a *million other things. *But if you have a good sales guy *that you are loyal to, he'll make sure you walk away happy. * *Thats how we keep ourselves in jems...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 12:49 PM

ah hah!!!!!!

or... you could cancel your order with them and order one from Rich...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

ah hah!!!!!!

well, the new one already arrived. It plays awesome! :thumbsup:

Tags
music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

fender blackie
fender wolfgang
fender dive
24fret Fender

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode