Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Are all the JS3s, 4s and 5s accounted for??

Tags
les pauls
4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  XPGoD 
#1 ·
I was told (I think by rich) that there are around 40
known JS3s, but on this site it states 80-100, mabye I got my
info wrong on that one. There are 22 JS4s and I'm not sure on
production #s on the JS5s...
How many of these are accounted for?

#2 ·
I don't know the answers to your questions. But I'd sure love to own one someday. Particularly an Electric Rainbow. Of the three graphic designs that one holds the most appeal to me.

I know those designs will never be reissued, and Donnie passed (RIP). But I wonder if Joe's sisters would ever consider doing *new* graphic designs. They could become the JS7, 8 or 9. Hmm...

#3 ·
Joe's sisters will not make new designs for JSs. It's been stated before on jemsite, if I remember correctly. On top of that I actually sent Carol Satriani an E-mail once asking her if she'd paint a guitar for me, and she wasn't interested. :)

By the way, a rainbow was sold not so long ago by JEAPSON. It was sold for a small fortune. Also, it's very difficult to find one to begin with, I think. You could always have one replicated at a custom shop...? :)

Alwin

#8 ·
Not to be the party pooper but, you guys are never going to find any of those guitars for sale because:

a) they're extremely rare
b) no one in their right mind would ever get rid of them
c) the price tag for one of those guitars would be obscene.

You would have an easier time taking out a second mortgage on your house and breaking Rich's arm so he could sell you one of his (and I highly doubt Rich's arm can be broken that easily) :wink:

Jimmy:smile:

#9 ·
I think it's lame that the JS has been the same for so long and that JS doesn't think a new graphic would be cool. If my sister didn't want to paint anymore, than I would find someone else if I was JS. She probably doesn't want to do it because she either didn't get paid or got paid very little and knowing all-the-while that those guitars sell for a lot of $$$!

#16 ·
Mabye the reason people don't want to indulge weather
they own them is for fear of possible theft...

Plus, I think if they were all accounted for, that would take away from the mystique
of everyone thinking "I wonder if I will ever get lucky and find one??"
Will someone find one at a yard sale, or pawn shop, mabye you
might get lucky and a buddy tells you one day "Hey I got a buddy that
bought a guitar 15 yrs ago because he thought it looked cool but never
got serious about playing it and wants to sell it, you interested?" You open the case
and it takes ALL you have to keep it together because it's a rare JS..
Those senerios keep the most expensive Ibanez guitars in the highest
of value and highest sought after ,as they should be :)
I think that's the coolest part of the JS: 2s,3s,4s & 5s. It's the "what if" factor

#18 ·
*sigh* you're ruining my day...lol
No really, this is my point EXACTLY...the irony, the mystique, the rare factor, it just keeps these guitars at the highest point of disire..

Rich, do you think these guitars will demand a high price in 40+years like
the old Les Pauls or early Teles for example.. or...because "most" people/serious collectors
regard Gibson as "better" than Ibanez, they risk fizzling out through the years..
I know "it's" worth what people will pay at any given time...
I just hope they keep a strong market/instest through the years...

P.S. I'm in line for a 52 Tele that was bought new by great uncle...
This is my "Donnie" so to speak

#19 ·
I don't have a crystal ball. One thing that has been proven is markets fluctuate with demand. When the Japanese were buying Strats the prices skyrocketed. When their banking collapsed so did the price of Strats. The last 10 years have shown a decent rate of return on Ibanez. Who knows what happens in the next 10, or 40.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.