Allen key size for Ibanez Jem77p-bfp - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 10:38 PM
Vendor

Re: Allen key size for Ibanez Jem77p-bfp

It's got the same hardware as a $750 guitar too. You're paying for the Premium treatment and the heavy upcharge of a signature model.

If it was the right tool it would have the correct 4mm wrench in it.
Rich is online  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
It's got the same hardware as a $750 guitar too. You're paying for the Premium treatment and the heavy upcharge of a signature model.

If it was the right tool it would have the correct 4mm wrench in it.
I mean, at least the wood and pickups are better than a 750$ guitar right?

I'm trying to figure it out with the shop where I bought it because they don't know.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 07:07 AM

That floral jem has to the worst bang for your buck ever.

You pay $1600 for something that looks and fits like almost as bad as a Jr and has a cheap trem. Just paying for the name and cool design.

Amazing how for $1000 you can get the Genesis which destroys this “Jem” in every category possible.

Now look at premium models. Regular RG premiums cost $800. Do you think the floral pattern, inlay and color, handle cost a lot to make? Nope

You’re literally paying $800 extra for a guitar that is actually $800 worth maybe $1000 with all the jem cosmetics.

Everything else is going directly to Ibanez and Steve pockets.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowleri View Post

You pay $1600 for something that looks and fits like almost as bad as a Jr and has a cheap trem. Just paying for the name and cool design.

Amazing how for $1000 you can get the Genesis which destroys this “Jem” in every category possible.

Now look at premium models. Regular RG premiums cost $800. Do you think the floral pattern, inlay and color, handle cost a lot to make? Nope

You’re literally paying $800 extra for a guitar that is actually $800 worth maybe $1000 with all the jem cosmetics.

But, still I want to buy that Jem which hapen to great guitar.

I you realy want to save some money, buy some wood plank and some coper and steel and build ti itself.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peromucho7 View Post
But, still I want to buy that Jem which hapen to great guitar.

I you realy want to save some money, buy some wood plank and some coper and steel and build ti itself.
If you can get it under $1000 I guess, otherwise is too overpriced for what it is.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:

So much negativity, again. You have comprehensively proven your lack of knowledge before, I suggest you stop criticising. That guitar is worth precisely what people will pay for it. If the owner thinks it is the best guitar in the world for them, it is the best guitar in the world for them.
They sound good, play well, and although as I recall some are less than perfect (same with pretty much any guitar), a good one is a good one.
peromucho7 likes this.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Im not a fan of vai and didnt know him before buying that guitar. If I knew what I know now I would've bought the genesis but I have something to add. Besides what you like more, there are some aspects in which this jem has to be better. The 5 piece neck (has the genesis that? I dont know really and I want to believe that the wook quality if better), the pickups, the titanium truss rod (which I dont know the difference with others) and well, the look. Besides the bridge, this jem I believe it to be better than a genesis.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode