Allen wrench holdeer - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

Allen wrench holdeer

Does anyone know where I can get an allen wrench holder that attaches to the back of your headstock? I've seen on Ibanez with them and I'd like to get one for my guitar. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 03:49 AM

How does it attach itself? I wouldn't want to screw anything on my JEM (I suppose you have a JEM because you picked this forum).
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekkaM
How does it attach itself? I wouldn't want to screw anything on my JEM (I suppose you have a JEM because you picked this forum).
unfortunately, you gotta drill a hole in the back of of the headstock.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:03 AM

In theroy, it seems like adding weight to the headstock could improve sustain, even if only marginally. I've seen things like the "Fat Finger" for sale in Musician's Friend for about $25.00. All those things are is an unattractive "U" shaped hunk of metal that you attach so the headstock. Anyway, back to the original question, you might try looking at StewMac.com or even search around on the "for sale/parts section of the Jackson guitar forum. I seem to remember this feature on alot of older Jackson guitars.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:15 AM

yep, older Jackson and Charvel guitars had them. I :think: some Floyd Rose Strats also had them. And old Kramer guitars too (not sure about the new ones).
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:27 AM

There is an item available called the TremTool. It's a single-piece wrench with (2) heads (shaped like a "T"). One side fits the locking nut, and the other, for some reason, fits the bolts that hold the locking nut onto the neck. That wrench also fits some Schaller locking nuts (i.e. the Spyder from Fender HM Strats).

The holder attaches to the back of the headstock with with 2-way tape. Easy to remove, and no drilling. The Gotoh wrench sets available through Ibanez Japan do require small screws to fasten to the headstock, as do the Schaller sets.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:32 AM

btw, duct tape would also work. and the best part: no drilling involved.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:39 AM

Duct tape generally leaves a sticky residue that can be difficult to remove. Plus, the adhesive on duct tape doesn't always work very well with metal parts. A better bet would be double-sided carpet tape: no residue and it'll work on metal.

Of course, the easiest solution is to just keep an allen wrench on top of your amp or in your pocket
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
Duct tape generally leaves a sticky residue that can be difficult to remove.

i was just being retarded about the duct tape. anyways, a friend introduced a product called Goo Gone that removes the sticky stuff left by tape. It works amazingly well.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rodi/mgcgg12.html
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacenuke
i was just being retarded about the duct tape.
Agreed.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Quote:
i was just being retarded about the duct tape.
Agreed.
jerk!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:02 AM

I'm simply agreeing with you. Hardly being a "jerk".

If I'd classified your suggestion as "inept", "ill-informed" or "idiotic", I could understand the third-grade name calling as a retort. However, since I merely agreed with your statement, I think it's a bit uncalled for.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I'm simply agreeing with you. Hardly being a "jerk".
hey, take it easy, dude. just messing around, thus the smiley. apologies if my joke offended you.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Just messing around, thus the smiley. apologies if you can't take a joke like that.
Can't take a joke? I'm sparring with you, aren't I?
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Just messing around, thus the smiley. apologies if you can't take a joke like that.
Can't take a joke? I'm sparring with you, aren't I?
ok, that's cool then. i guess i misunderstood the evil smiley.

Tags
allen wrench , crystal planet , floyd rose , ibanez dealer , jackson guitars , kramer guitars , locking nut , locking nuts , production model , schaller locking , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode