Another new Herc FEDE swirl baby - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Another new Herc FEDE swirl baby

HAHAHA I finally made it.

Well first off I know the pickups and knobs are kinda off color but that will be fixed in time. I have to say this guiatr ****ing smokes. I came on this forum doing **** loads of research on how to swirl guitars, who swirls guitars and weighing out so many options. By accident I discovered Herc's site in June. This is a long story but I'll make it really short. I placed an order in June (still waiting for that one) 2 weeks after my initial order I see 2 swirls on the lovely bay. The price wasn't bad so I said to myself EFFF it I why not a 2nd plus I'll get this swirl much sooner and as I wait for my initial swirl I can work this 2nd swirl. So weeks later I get the swirl and well I had a lot of work to do. No clearcoat and I needed parts. So to sum all this up all the researching and making people around me crazy was all worth it.
Thanks to everyone that helped me out with my dumb questions, though I really didn't haunt many of you. Just Tony LOL!! Anyway its one thing to just buy the real Jem its another to build it from scratch. I'm going to eventually hunt down the real jems but I at least wanted to see what it feels like building not one but 2 swirls. Yeah I'm crazy but thats who i am. After all being crazy is much more fun ; ) makes life more interesting. Luckly very few run away. I think all the people I know personally are just amuzed by me. I take pride on being a douche bag. Well the fun douche bag.

In case anyone asks here are parts

Neck - Super Wizard/ Bubinga Stripe

Pickups
Bridge - EVO 2
Middle - HS - 3
Neck - PAF Pro
(Pickups are directly mounted to the body) I read the forum with rings vs direct mounting. I hate pickup rings on strats they piss me off kinda like sox and sandles. Thats a pet peeve of mine. I know its crazy something in me snaps and I want do very bad things.

Bridge
Edge Lo Pro along with a tremol no. Cause I like options

Prestige Electronics (volume, tone pots, pickup selector, barrel input)

Here are the pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:10 AM

Reviews: 120
Re: Another new Herc FEDE swirl baby

Great swirl, it's like a big old school lollypop!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 AM

Nice, IMO Herc does some awesome work.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:13 AM

Question, What wood is the body?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_SA View Post
Question, What wood is the body?
Whoops forgot to put that one LOL

The body is basswood.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvedmb View Post
Nice, IMO Herc does some awesome work.
I agree Herc does great work with his swirls. I can't wait for my 2nd. Thankfully I have time to put away some money for that.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 09:15 AM

Talking Re: Another new Herc FEDE swirl baby

CORN-GRATULATIONS! I'm so happy you finally got a finished product man! You are right, ...building a JEM from the ground up is way different than buying a stock JEM. Much more stress, too many options, not enough options, fear of things not turning out right, etc. It's awesome that you ended up with something you love! Nice pup selection. I've never had PAF Pro's but I think I'm leaning that way for the RGT. Let me know how that Evo2 cleans up when you roll off the volume. I'm curious about that pup too.

The awesome thing is all of the conversation that will occur when you break that baby out in stores, at shows, etc. Need to start a conversation? ...even with the coldest, ice hearted person? ...break out Swirlie! Problem solved! LOL.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Great swirl, it's like a big old school lollypop!
Hahahahaha LOL! Cherry, Lemon, Lime, Black Berry??
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 09:29 AM

How long did it take on turnaround?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe View Post

FOR F*CKING EVER!!!! They've had my 777DY since 3/16/2007, and I'm currently # 15 on their list.

But, they have been real cool and I'm not upset with them at all, just anxious to get my sweet ass swirl. Hopefully by the end of the year...
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe View Post
Well the thing with this swirl I got it on **** that he every now and then ramdomly sells pre made swirls. I was lucky enough to catch this one.

I do have a custom swirl I'm waiting for from him also. Turn around time does varies with what type of work you want. I think for the full custom body cut, swirling body/headstock, clearcoat, ,custom neck, inlay work and fretting I think something like 8 to 9 months.
I'm just getting the body & headstock swirled. Along with getting clearcoated. I sent in my own neck but now I want an inlay job done to it also. I'm assuming mine might be 7 months.

With others here that had work done by Herc I calculated 8 to 9 months turnaround time.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:27 PM

thats a beauty tic tac.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt0511 View Post
CORN-GRATULATIONS! I'm so happy you finally got a finished product man! You are right, ...building a JEM from the ground up is way different than buying a stock JEM. Much more stress, too many options, not enough options, fear of things not turning out right, etc. It's awesome that you ended up with something you love! Nice pup selection. I've never had PAF Pro's but I think I'm leaning that way for the RGT. Let me know how that Evo2 cleans up when you roll off the volume. I'm curious about that pup too.

The awesome thing is all of the conversation that will occur when you break that baby out in stores, at shows, etc. Need to start a conversation? ...even with the coldest, ice hearted person? ...break out Swirlie! Problem solved! LOL.
Thank You ANTONIO

Dude I think the stress gave me more gas. ; )
Yeah you nailed it right though. Once its done its all worth it.

The Evo 2 does clean up when you turn down but you have to go past the half way mark. None the less its a great pick up.

I actually like the HS 3 pickup also. Its not a bright pickup but still very punchy pickup.

I can only imagine after shows with people asking about the guitar.

If anyone is mean I will have my Jembot attack as long it doesn't need to tinkle.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 01:40 PM

Very nice!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 02:06 PM
RCB

Beautifull!

Tags
custom swirl , paf pro , pickup ring , pickup rings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode