Anti-aging process on Jemvwy? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
K_T

Anti-aging process on Jemvwy?

Anyone know how they do it, so the color don't get yellow with age?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 05:07 AM

According to Ibanez it's not supposed to go yellow with age due to the paint process. There is a snippet on the bottom of one of the pages on Jemsite with the quote from Ibanez...can't remember where exactly though.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 05:36 AM

yeah, but if you notice Vai's "EVO"....it's quite yellow...
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai the god of Sound
yeah, but if you notice Vai's "EVO"....it's quite yellow...
True, but this was a prototype so it's possible it didn't get the perfected UV protectant coatings. Plus, if you gigged out with your VWH has much as Vai does/did, I'm sure it WOULD start to yellow after, oh, say 300 or so days in direct sunlight. He's had that thing for something like 10 years now.

Gabe
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 11:35 AM

Guitar Age like a Fine Wine.

I don't know about you, but you shouldn't worry about the finish aging, I think that it would be cool to have the finsh yellow. I take care of my guitars, but they still manage to age and such which is probably why I like them. I know on my JEM7DBK the tremelo is perfectly set (It takes a lot of work tog etit out of tune-other than when you restring it) and it feels so smooth. The neck has a weird caoting in it, and it keeps getting slicker-something that I like.
Just to let you know that you shouldn't worry about anything, if I was to buy a used 7v it wouldn't matter to me what color the finish was as long as the guitar itself was kept in good shape.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how the process of neck Ibanez
pause a running process in window?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode