I was in doubt if I should post this here or in the "Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk" subforum, but here seems to be the right place, so excuse me if I'm wrong about this.
The question is that I'm strongly GASing for a 7VWH Jem to live together with my wonderful 1996 UV7BK. I found a 2009 7VWH
for a reasonably fair price, but the guy lives far away from my city, and I won't have a chance to take it in my hands. The guitar has some hurtings on the painting, and I'd like to know if there's a chance that such inflicted damage (neck & headstock) would have affected other areas other than the painting. Here are the pictures the guy sent me.
1) The whole guitar. He swapped the truss rod cover for a golden one, but he still has the original:
2) Edge Pro tremolo. I'm not a heavy whammy bar user, so I guess I can live without the locking stud mod. The hardware looks in pretty good condition to me:
3) This is the headstock damage:
4) This is the body damage:
5) The scallop looks lighter... is this normal?
6) Another view on the scallops:
I know this painting damage does seem to be shallow, but I'm putting some money on this and the situation really makes me afraid. That's why I'd like to read the opinion of some experienced people. Thanks in advance to everyone that could drop a comment.