Any good UK deals on the JS1200? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Any good UK deals on the JS1200?

I'm amazed by the huge price hike on the JS1200's (and most other signature series Ibanez guitars), just over a year ago I could pick up a JS1200 for between £999 and £1050, now they are between £1399 and £1477 (40% increase!). However maybe I'm looking at the wrong on-line retailers, does anyone out there know of anywhere doing this guitar at 'pre-inflation' prices, or similar?

Thanks.

Last edited by chris101; 12-30-2009 at 06:18 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 05:10 AM

Reviews: 15
Re: Any good UK deals on the JS1200?

£1400 seems about right at the moment (well, not "right" but that's certainly what they're goiing for).

Bear in mind the VAT hike on Friday is going to stick another £30 on that as well.

Keep an eye on the auction sites and classifieds - it's the time of year for people needing ready cash so there might be some deals out there on nearly new guitars.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

www.ibanezrules.com, tell 'em jono sent ya.

Nuff said.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, pity he's not UK based. I'm wary about buying a guitar from abroad these days, I'm going to get stung on import duty to the UK. The basic price is $1800 for cash on Rich's site, (£1131) add to that postage & insurance (£50?), and then roughly the 20% to cover import duty and VAT that customs will charge will bring to cost to £1415, about the same as the UK price.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 09:44 AM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
Thanks, pity he's not UK based. I'm wary about buying a guitar from abroad these days, I'm going to get stung on import duty to the UK. The basic price is $1800 for cash on Rich's site, (£1131) add to that postage & insurance (£50?), and then roughly the 20% to cover import duty and VAT that customs will charge will bring to cost to £1415, about the same as the UK price.
Also assuming UK Customs don't think it would be a good wheeze to stick a bandsaw through it to "check for drugs"...

Not a joke, I saw photos of a pair of camshafts ordered from the US which had been sawn in half as part of a routine check by Customs.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I've seem all sorts of things from Customs, one of my old buddies was an inspector.

That aside, if you're not willing to play the international game, you'll get no sympathy from me, it's a global market and you should treat it like one.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with finding what you're after in the UK at the price you want to pay. But I honestly feel that I'd rather risk the wrath of Customs and Revenue than deal with most UK shops or the second hand market. YMMV.

Before you ask, no, I don't get commission from Rich, but, I'd honestly suggest you send him an email or give him a call and see what he can do to change your mind.

Tags
js1200 price increase

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode