Any JEM custom builders on this forum? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Any JEM custom builders on this forum?

I've copied this from one of my other posts (on the Is a Jem Worth It? thread) so that it stays on topic and I get answers to my question.

I want a JEM777LNG so badly it ain't true, but my chances of getting an original one are laughably tiny due to the miniscule amount made (less 777LNGs than JEM10s, right?), the Vai connection and my insufficient moolah reserves.

Is there a custom-builder on here who'd make me a finished LNG-coloured body with all the routing for electronics and an Edge Pro, a nice 'unfinished' Jem neck (thin oil finish ala EVH's Wolfies) with the scalloping and inlay an' junk, and ship them to me with all the other bits (Edge Pro, nut, machineheads, scratchplate, electronics, and finally the pink Paf Pros)...excuse me one moment...

[Homer Simpson drool]...mmmm...pink pickups...[/Homer Simpson drool]

...sorry. As I was saying, could anyone on this board do that (I've seen some seriously impressive custom Jems on this board, so I'm assuming yes), and how much would it cost?

I'm in Wales, btw.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 02:31 PM

Click on the green LGM banner above, Jeremy can hook you up.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 05:45 AM

Re: Any JEM custom builders on this forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink Floyd
I want a JEM777LNG so badly it ain't true, but my chances of getting an original one are laughably tiny due to the miniscule amount made (less 777LNGs than JEM10s, right?), the Vai connection and my insufficient moolah reserves.
you'd be surprised, man. I got mine from The Auction Site We Do Not Name, and I got it for £1000 from germany. they do turn up!

cheers,
--c.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 05:51 AM

Talk to Jeremy... LGM banner above... he's got an SK for sale and he says he'll refinish it whatever color you want (check the Jem/UV for sale section)

Sorry if this is considered a cross post or something... just trying to point a brother in the right direction : )

Tags
custom jem , jem neck , paf pro , paf pros

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode