Any JEMs featured in any movies? - or music videos, tv ads e - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Any JEMs featured in any movies? - or music videos, tv ads e

I have never seen a JEM in any of these connections except in Steve Vai's music videos?
Anyone else seen any?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 07:05 PM

Any JEMs featured in any movies?

Hey i'm pretty sure C.C Deville played a yellow jem in a Poison video, or on tour, or somewhere.
thats all i can think of

todd
post #3 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 08:08 PM

* *yep, i was about to say i saw CC's for a brief second on on vh1. *
post #4 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 09:06 PM

i saw one on a channel 'RTE1'. *a channel from ireland. *there was a guy playing a pick one i don't know who the band were but they were just starting out on some talk show. *i shouted for 5 mins at my girlfriend to turn it back but she didn't want to listen to their music. *it was just knd of mellow rock. but i got to see it in the end!............swig.
post #5 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 09:31 PM

On Univision during 'Sabido Magnifico' or whatever the show is called I've seen a couple of Jem7VWHs being played by different hipanic bands. *

There is a show on Nickelodeon (I think) about some summer camp. *The kids are always getting into trouble. *That red haired kid from T2 is the main character. *Well, in one episode he was playing a Jem7FP. *Great pattern on it. *
post #6 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 09:43 PM

Not exactly a tv show but....

I seem to remember seeing a big photo of one on the back of a *late 80's cd. *The band was call Scatterbrain. *I don't remember the title, but it was mostly blue, and had a song called "Down with the ship". *Interesting stuff from what I recall.

DD
post #7 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 09:47 PM

'Salute Your Shorts'. *Yeah, that was it. *They were always getting into trouble. *Uh, not that I watched it.
post #8 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 09:57 PM

I remeber gettting a phone call from my dad, i don't know...maybe 6 years ago, i can't remember now, asking my to turn to TNN that there was a sweet guitar on there that this guy was playing. I figured i'd change channels and see another guy playing another Les Paul, dad's a huge Gibson fan although he doesn't play. So i turn to TNN and BAM!!!!! there's this dude playing counrty licks on 7VWH i as blown away. The guy was kickin' too.
And i remember Steve Vai being on some canadian music program and there was this kid with a UV7BK that he wanted signed. *That's it for my JEM UV sightings.

Alden

I actually talk to dad everyday although my first sentence doesn't make it sound like it :biggrin:

(Edited by YaYoGakk at 10:00 pm on June 12, 2001)
post #9 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 10:17 PM

I wanna say Enuff-Z-Nuff or SaigonKick had a video and the guitarist used a DY. I remember them from the Hair-Metal days, vaguely, and remember the guitarist had Orange/red hair.

That's all I remember. It was 15 years ago.

J>
post #10 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 01:55 AM

There's this Asian/Hongkong guy, a singer/guitarist (maybe..i'm not sure)...I saw his photos everywhere in Chinatown...I guess he's a Hongkong actor/star (dont know his name)
he's always pictured with flame-shape guitar and many pictures of him playing 7VWH & Chromeboy in his concerts...
HONESTLY...I'm jealous...I REALLY envy him. I heard he's not very skillful though, i dunno but if thats the truth then... sorry its just a personal opinion, i practise hard and really wanna get a real Jem...seeing this pretty "joker" boy with a jem and chromeboy just make me plain jealous (not to mention that 90% asian chicks digs him too!) :sarcasm:
no flames pls.
post #11 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 02:04 AM

Yeah what a total prick! He's got a chrome boy with a maple neck if I'm not wrong...he's none other than Nicholas Tse....

Very Jealous...

Chris.
post #12 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 02:18 AM

I was RIGHT then...:angryfire:...he's a PRICK
post #13 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 02:24 AM

Oh, also. *There is a band called Ozric Tentacles and they rule very much. * The guitarist/keyboardist plays the black jem with the green vine inlay and green pickups. *777vbk ?

todd
post #14 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 02:26 AM

ah by the way the website for that band is
http://www.execpc.com/~mwerning/
the reason im giving that is because im pretty sure there are music videos with the jem being played.

todd
post #15 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 02:32 AM

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: oison: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

That chinese dude I read about in *some past link. Wasn't he trying to say that the Jem he has was made for him!!!!

Tags
chrome boy , david lee roth , eric clapton , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar shop , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , john petrucci , les paul , maple neck , marcel coenen , marty friedman , mike keneally , monkey grip , morbid angel , paul gilbert , playing guitar , steve vai , swirl jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode