anyone got a mahogany body JEM?? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

anyone got a mahogany body JEM??

anyone got a mahogany body JEM?? How's it sound? Show and share with us pls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 08:25 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: anyone got a mahogany body JEM??

sorry Man.... I have a Mahogany Universe on it's way though........... not the same, but I'll do an NGD with clip's when I get it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 PM

I have one coming too, what are you putting in it as far as pickups and stuff?
Im having a Mahogany UV, strings through the body with an ebony fretboard. I have a Blaze Custom for the bridge a Blaze Single in the middle and Air Norton for the neck. I really wanted to go with a Duncan JB/59 but I didnt want black pickups and they dont make their 7 pickups in any other color.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 12:04 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Im having a Mahogany UV, strings through the body with an ebony fretboard. I have a Blaze Custom for the bridge a Blaze Single in the middle and Air Norton for the neck. I really wanted to go with a Duncan JB/59 but I didnt want black pickups and they dont make their 7 pickups in any other color.
That's funny, I wanted the same Duncans but chose Dimarzio's for the colors too. I'm using green Evo7's and a green Blaze single. I was going to use my PBK neck, but thought it would look funny with the swirl. I sold the neck I had to fund a new one. I think I'm going with an ET custom, but I'm not sure yet..... no big hurry though, I have too many projects going on anyway...........lol
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Hey man, Duncan JB/59 is good a choice. Well, I have put the Super distortion in my JEM77FP finally since 2 reason. 1). I found a special ver. red colour with black pole that really look good with my FP. 2). I hv a Super distortion in my Gibson SG n it's sound good for me. But, after installed into JEM, it's sound totally different then my expect, of coz i know both SG n JEM is totally different wood n design....but the different is huge. The clean sound, i would prefer my SG, since mahogany produce more rich/ sweet n warm sound. Jem produce more bright n sharp, solid, less a bit characher,(i know it's subjective, someone may think thats better). For high gain, the pickup in JEM is more screaming then i put in my SG....
Sol..i just wondering how would JEM design with mahogany sound??
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 08:40 PM

Probably similar to a UV without the low B
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Probably similar to a UV without the low B
does the sound much darker??
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 07:13 AM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Bare knuckle do 7's in lots of colours, even pink.

Tags
mahogany

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode