Anyone know where to get shocking pink paint to touch up my jem - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Anyone know where to get shocking pink paint to touch up my jem

Hi, new fella here, that's right, FNG. Anyway, I'm looking for paint so my luthier can touch up a few spots on my SK jem. I always wanted a SK, DY, LG, and a floral, as well as a swirl UV and a black and green UV. I'm pleased to say I've got 'em all but the DY and the black and green. I got real lucky and by accident ran into the guy that had serial# 910001 on the swirl, my green jem is #44, and the floral is from '88. Here is the thing, they are all mint (that's right, I'm so lucky) except the pink one. This really bothers me. My luthier has stated he can bring it back but he needs the paint, not for a re-finish, but just to touch up about 4 little spots. Then he said I was nuts and it wasn't that bad, but jem mania and getting what you never thought you could have when you were a kid knows no sanity. By the way, I got the SK from Ed Roman, paid way to much, the 5 way switch was shot, they packed it with the bar at the base of the case by the bottom of the jem (causing the biggest blemish), sent it with an all parts knob on the tone control, and its missing a screw from the palm rest (palm rest! at least something went my way), as well as a few more things. Buyer Beware?!?! Anyway, the long story is just because I figure most of you reading this stuff have the same things going on, and if anyone knows where to get this paint, it will probably be one of you. Thanks, SDD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 12:45 PM

Re: Anyone know where to get shocking pink paint to touch up my jem

Can't help with the main question but I found it alarming to hear about how they packed the trem bar. On their very own website under a section about shipping tips their very first rule is:

1. Make sure the Tremolo Bar is securely wrapped up in a small amount of bubble pack or newspaper. If you don't do this the tremolo bar will fall out of the compartment during shipping and scrape up your guitar.

Perosnally I would be none too pleased and have a word with them about the mis-matched parts, missing screws and shipping issue. For the prices they charge I'd expect better service than that.

By the way, sounds like you have an awesome collection going. Pics would be great!

Last edited by Tonelover; 06-07-2006 at 12:53 PM.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks for the complement. I might be able to post some pics, when I get the time that is. Yes, yes, yes, I to was shocked and amazed when my pink jem showed up with all the care I would expect from a pawn shop (not to smurfy). To be fair, I bought a jerry jones sitar from them and it was great. But... that's not an item that has fading problems and has not been available for some time now. Also, the guy who sold it to me said they would do anything they could to make it right. I told him to build a time machine, go back to '87 and get me a new one. He said they couldn't do that but they would pay my luthier to bring it up to snuff, seems fair to me. So, N.O.S. tone nob from Rich Harris, new pick guard, and new 5 way switch, in addition to the paint (and lots of work from my luthier) and it should be fine.
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 05:04 PM

Reviews: 10
Question Re: Anyone know where to get shocking pink paint to touch up my jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfdaddydog
Hi, new fella here, that's right, FNG. Anyway, I'm looking for paint so my luthier can touch up a few spots on my SK jem. I always wanted a SK, DY, LG, and a floral, as well as a swirl UV and a black and green UV. I'm pleased to say I've got 'em all but the DY and the black and green. I got real lucky and by accident ran into the guy that had serial# 910001 on the swirl, my green jem is #44, and the floral is from '88. Here is the thing, they are all mint (that's right, I'm so lucky) except the pink one. This really bothers me. My luthier has stated he can bring it back but he needs the paint, not for a re-finish, but just to touch up about 4 little spots. Then he said I was nuts and it wasn't that bad, but jem mania and getting what you never thought you could have when you were a kid knows no sanity. By the way, I got the SK from Ed Roman, paid way to much, the 5 way switch was shot, they packed it with the bar at the base of the case by the bottom of the jem (causing the biggest blemish), sent it with an all parts knob on the tone control, and its missing a screw from the palm rest (palm rest! at least something went my way), as well as a few more things. Buyer Beware?!?! Anyway, the long story is just because I figure most of you reading this stuff have the same things going on, and if anyone knows where to get this paint, it will probably be one of you. Thanks, SDD
Not to call you a liar or anything mate but are you sure you bought your SK from ER? I seem to recognize your user name from evil bay and a few months back I could've sworn you bid (and I think won) a beaten up SK...
Which then would explain why you want to restore it
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 06:38 PM

man thats hard to read.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonelover
Perosnally I would be none too pleased and have a word with them about the mis-matched parts, missing screws and shipping issue. For the prices they charge I'd expect better service than that.
This is E.R we are talking about
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yes it was from Ed Roman, I have bought things off of satanbay, but as far as jem's and UV's only #44 LNG (and it was mint). If you doubt my sincerity I highly encourage you to call Stephan at Ed Roman and ask him if I am telling the truth. He is a really nice guy and he can't believe it either. I told him I am going to send every part I have to replace back to him as a act of good faith. I stated before, I got a Jerry Jones electric sitar from them and it was perfect. What can I say, we all make mistakes. But, I, in no way want anyone to think I am dissing Ed because they said they would make it right no matter what. Who else does that? I will probably bid on a black and green UV on evilbay in the future (got a line on a mint DY) but then I really want to back off the guitar and acoustic and bass buying for a while (total 27, 10 of witch are ibanez, whew), and focus on more stuff for the recording studio. So... I really am trying to stop at 4 jem's and 2 UV's, but, who knows? In many ways I am kinda beyond all hope. Oh yah, the original point, still need the SK paint, and yes Stephan knows I have posted here looking for it. I actually hipped him to Rich Harris and he has been sending guys to him. Who says we can't all get along?
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 09:12 PM

Alright, let see some pics of your collection!!
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Love to. I just can't figure out how. Help.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 10:53 PM

House of Kolor (HOK) is the brand of paint Ibanez used for the neon colors. Creatix also has a neon pink thats water based, and a perfect match. Both will have to be clear coated though. --Jason
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 12:22 AM

Reviews: 10
Talking Re: Anyone know where to get shocking pink paint to touch up my jem

Quote:
Yes it was from Ed Roman, I have bought things off of satanbay, but as far as jem's and UV's only #44 LNG (and it was mint). If you doubt my sincerity I highly encourage you to call Stephan at Ed Roman and ask him if I am telling the truth. He is a really nice guy and he can't believe it either. I told him I am going to send every part I have to replace back to him as a act of good faith. I stated before, I got a Jerry Jones electric sitar from them and it was perfect. What can I say, we all make mistakes. But, I, in no way want anyone to think I am dissing Ed because they said they would make it right no matter what. Who else does that? I will probably bid on a black and green UV on evilbay in the future (got a line on a mint DY) but then I really want to back off the guitar and acoustic and bass buying for a while (total 27, 10 of witch are ibanez, whew), and focus on more stuff for the recording studio. So... I really am trying to stop at 4 jem's and 2 UV's, but, who knows? In many ways I am kinda beyond all hope. Oh yah, the original point, still need the SK paint, and yes Stephan knows I have posted here looking for it. I actually hipped him to Rich Harris and he has been sending guys to him. Who says we can't all get along?
I believe you, I'm just busting your chops, I really thought it was you who won that beaten up SK, anyway neither here nor there, as far as the paint
I have no idea where you could get it sorry...
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Vendor

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/ga...m777lng_44.jpg

post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Love to. I just can't figure out how. Help.
www.photobucket.com

Let's see um

Ow Rich, did ya have to go and do that
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 08:39 AM

haha, Rich. We all already didn't believe him, then you had to go and do that.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Dude, when did you have my jem? I'm working on photobucket as we speak.

Tags
clear coat , custom guitar , custom guitars , tremolo bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode