Anyone selling a JEM10 (or know of one for sale)? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Anyone selling a JEM10 (or know of one for sale)?

I am a cash buyer looking for an Ibanez JEM10 at a (reasonable) price.

Anyone know of any available?

The only one I have found is here: http://edromanguitars.com and he wants $5000 for it. I know the DNA's are more rare and I see them on ebay here and there for $3500 so I know $5000 is a lot (although it is new/never been played).

Thanks,
Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 03:01 PM
Vendor

I've got another I haven't posted yet, write me [email, no PM's please] for details. [I'd have written you but you didn't not include an email address]
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Avereage Street Price?

Whats a reasonable streetprice for the JEM10? I see that they listed $2999 new and that the retail street price for them was ~$1999, I was hoping to find one used in the lower $2000 range. I understand that these are limited production models and that their price very well may hold/increase.

Thanks,
Shawn
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 06:06 PM

I know of one that sold for $3800 LOL, somebody wanted it bad
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Vendor

10's do nothing but increase. Truely Dead Mint untouched condition $3500 and up. Player condition much less of course. Kirk has one [might have sold it] plenty of dinks, big smack on the face, loads of chrome wear, no case, $1750.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenman
I know of one that sold for $3800 LOL, somebody wanted it bad
Each year that passes that price becomes more realistic, he just paid it a couple years too soon
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 06:21 PM

If you are in Europe, there is one on Ebay, I think it is going to go for 2000Euros - If it is in good condition - worth a bid.

If I had a spare 2k I'd go for it myself - The pics look good, I not emailed the guy though!
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 06:26 PM
Vendor

Same thing, plenty of dinks [on the back though] loads of chrome wear, no case. I considered and then thought better after adding in the import costs.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to buy a collectable piece like this and shave dollars and get one all messed up.

I am just trying to rethink my budget. I had alloted myself $2200 after looking around. I basically want a JEM, I was considering the Floral Prints and even the newer all-White JEMS (7VWH) but I really like the elegance of the JEM10 (enought to pay for it over the others).
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 11:41 PM

jem 10

Disclaimer: No offense intended,collectors.

Ya know,if I owned a 10 or a DNA,I would play the hell out of it!Maybe I'm just saying that because I actually CAN play,who knows?I just think it's ridiculous that these wonderful instruments(the DNA sounds awesome!)are being virtually taken away by "collectors" from the hands of people who would love to,and actually have the ABILITY to play them.It's no big secret that most people who are "collectors" simply label themselves that because their life(job,wife,bills,stress) got in the way of their dreams so they decided to stop playing and start collecting.Granted,there are exceptions.To a PLAYER,a guitar's value does not go down simply because of some cosmetic blemishes.But these "collectors" whine and cry like little girls about little "imperfections" because the market resale value goes down.I just had to vent y'all.It seems that so many people have forgotten about the real reason they fell in love with these guitars in the first place.But mark my words,I will have my sweet revenge.One day I'm gonna buy ten DNAs and ten JEM10s and play the hell out of 'em and all you collectors out there will really have to fight it out for the remaining ones when their "value" goes up even higher!I feel much better now.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 11:50 PM
Vendor

Sorry, pointless rant since EVERY guitar on the planet is worth way more in pristine condition that one that's not. Juswt a fact of life
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 11:55 PM

jem10

Pointless or not,I feel better after that.By the way,how's your playing these days?
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 12:10 AM
Vendor

eh, it's been in a rut since I had 2 fingers dislocated 9 years ago, but life goes on. [if you think I can't smoke the strings you'd be way wrong, it just sounds like **** to me anymore ]
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 12:15 AM
Banned

JEM 10TH

I HAVE A JEM 10TH THAT I MIGHT BE SELLING FOR 2,200 NO CASE OR CERTIFICATE IT COMES IN THE UV100 CASE. THIS GUITAR ROCKS YOU WOULD NEED TO PUT BLACK EVOS OR RECOAT THE PICK UPS AND THERE IS A COUPLE OF DINGS ON THE FRONT AND SOME SRATCHES HERE AND THERE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 12:17 AM

jem10s

That's a shame man,I'm sorry to hear it.I just want you guys to know that I don't mean any offense by my comments,I just had to vent.I'm actually kinda torn on the issue because I really respect and admire what people like Rich and littlegreenman do,and I would absolutely LOVE to see all the beautiful guitars you guys get to! But mark my words........
Closed Thread

Tags
abalone vine , alder body , basswood body , beautiful guitar , ibanez jem , mahogany guitars , production model , scalloped frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode