ATD UVMC's - How many? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

ATD UVMC's - How many?

Hi! I see in the guitars section there were 1038 MC's made. Does anybody know how many were ATD? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 01:01 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
ATD UVMC's

read the Spec Sheet on jemsite for info and quotes from Darren. Exact ATD totals are unknown... glen
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 02:40 PM

ATD UVMC's

Okay, who's going to be the first to say that they heard there were only about 60 Japanese swirls out there although we're all fairly certain there are waaaay more than that?? *Huh? *Who's it going to be...?

Oh, wait... *Ooops! *:biggrin:

J
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

ATD UVMC's

well the less japanese the better. they're ugly!!!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 04:44 PM
site founder 0% owner

ATD UVMC's

Quote:
Jason Stone on 2:40 pm on Mar. 29, 2002
Okay, who's going to be the first to say that they heard there were only about 60 Japanese swirls out there although we're all fairly certain there are waaaay more than that?? *Huh? *Who's it going to be...? Oh, wait... *Ooops! *:biggrin: J
I believe Darren waaaaaaaaaay more than *anyone* in Japan at Hoshino. If more japanese swirls are available (likely) then it is no doubt because Ibanez snuck some/many out after Darren began work. Judging by Ibanez' actions selling "anniversary" guitars with "limited production" that triples from start to end... it is very difficult to believe otherwise. ...glen
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 04:51 PM

ATD UVMC's

I absolutely agree, Glen. *I think Ibanez continued producing Japanese swirls while/after Darren produced his. *The fact of the matter is that probably 2 out of every 3 previously unknown (i.e., not previously posted on a website somewhere) swirls that pop up are clearly Japanese swirls and not ATDs. *True, ATDs are probably more desireable and therefore people may be hoarding them moreso than Japanese swirls, but to me the numbers still don't add up.

J
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 04:51 PM
Vendor

ATD UVMC's

In all reality there are large numbers of both. I always believed the ATD's to be rarer but after seeing how many Hoshino exported to other countries I'm more inclined to believe their totals are about equal. Now if together they total 1038, or there's 1038 of one and more of the other, we'll probably never know. What we do know is there's a ****load of em'!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 05:57 PM

ATD UVMC's

Jono,
look there: Rich said load!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 11:06 PM

ATD UVMC's

Is it 12 or 24?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 09:11 AM

ATD UVMC's

Do the ATD ones all have direct mounted pickups? My japanese swirl has pickguard mounted ones. I heard that the ATD ones have them attached to the body like the PMC, is this true? Or is it just a production year thing?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 09:14 AM
Vendor

ATD UVMC's

No UVMC's are direct mount, they're all guard mount.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 02:56 PM
site founder 0% owner

ATD UVMC's

Quote:
Rich on 4:51 pm on Mar. 29, 2002
In all reality there are large numbers of both. I always believed the ATD's to be rarer but after seeing how many Hoshino exported to other countries I'm more inclined to believe their totals are about equal. Now if together they total 1038, or there's 1038 of one and more of the other, we'll probably never know. What we do know is there's a ****load of em'!
i can picture this type of phone conversation...

Vai: you guys halted those fugly MCs right... my guy Darren is doing them now... right!

IBZ Bossman: um... yes... of course Mr. Steve. Yes, yes, yes.... um.... yes!

Vai: cool... send me a few more for my vault... gotta run... bye... CLICK!

IBZ Boss: goodbye Mr. Steve and thank you again.

IBZ Beancounter: but Boss... we *are* still making those "fugly" ones and selling them with great success. Our painters here in Japan has improved his output, he now only has to repaint each guitar FIVE times to make it look like an actual SWIRL. Soon the colors will even be a match for this Darren-guy! Furthermore, our marketing-cost analysis shows that dealer approval is 20% higher than last year, growth is steady at 7% and... yadda, yadda, yadda.

IBZ Boss: [smiling]. OK, when Mr Steve calls back, page me at the golf-course. We will stop counting these, how do you say, "fugly ones" and pencil in the production total at 1038. Keep making them... faster... more... muhahaha.

(the above is a joke, non-factual and probably in bad taste)

Tags
direct mounted pickups , mounted pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode