ATTENTION ALL AUSTRALIANS! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
Exclamation ATTENTION ALL AUSTRALIANS!

Now is the time to buy a Jem, Universe or whatever Ibby you're wanting, if you're looking.

We're currently over 1 cent more than the American Dollar for the first time in.....well......ever! (at least in my lifetime) I bought my Jem 7VWh, from canada, when we were 92 cents to an American dollar and saved myself a huge wad of cash. I paid $2400AUS postage included and the same guitar within Australia at the time was $5995AUS. Now you'll pay even less than that.

Get onto Rich Harris right away as he has some ripper deals on guitars on his site, I've been looking with envious eyes all night and he's got some awesome prices there. I just wish I had the money myself but I don't, due to my custom that I'm getting built, so I thought I'd at least let the Aussies in here know of the savings to be had.

Buying a guitar within Australia is exhorbitant to say the least. If you've ever considered getting one over the net, now is the time. Rich Harris at Ibanez Rules (ad at top of page) is VERY reputable. Get onto it now.

Beg, borrow, steal....... you may never get another chance to have our dollar at such a rate or own a Jem for peanuts (well almost)

Last edited by Macka; 11-06-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:03 AM

Re: ATTENTION ALL AUSTRALIANS!

The shipping is still gonna hurt a lot.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

not really. My shipping cost me $300 and although it sounds a lot...... when I'm saving over $2500.... that's nothing. I paid $2100AUS for the Jem and $300 postage to get it here which incidentally took 6 days. Off the shelf here, like I said, was $5995.

Do the math.
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:20 AM

Reviews: 2

Thats a great tip Macka.......... Its nice to see the folks "down under" (never knew what that actually means) have someone looking out for them. Now If we could only find someone to look out for us (our economy) here....lol

Ryc
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

for sure though, if you're after a much cheaper guitar than a top model jem or universe or the like then it might not be of value to you BUT if you are wanting that new 77FP2 or something along those lines, you'd be a nutter to not go this way.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Thats a great tip Macka.......... Its nice to see the folks "down under" (never knew what that actually means) have someone looking out for them. Now If we could only find someone to look out for us (our economy) here....lol

Ryc
LOL down under means we're on the bottom side of the globe, you know, down underneath. But considering that in space, nothing is up or down, it's a little weird but due to every atlas and globe that's made, we're underneath.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:28 AM

Reviews: 3

What about shipping taxes, duty taxes or whatever else they nail you for?
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

I never had that problem, so I don't know much about it. What you see that I explained above is how it went down for me. Just the guitar and the postage, but definately worth looking into all you Aussies if you choose to go down this path.

I don't imagine though that it'll be a problem. My mate just did the same thing and never had a problem with any of that either...... and he's endlessly thankful for me putting him onto it.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Vendor

I just tested out the Paypal loophole with a UV7BK to AU. $150 for EMS fully insured. Unfortunately it took 3 weeks so "express" may be a misleading title. Much of that time was spent sitting in customs, but it worked. I'm not sure $150 for 3 weeks is more desireable than $375 for 5 days though.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Either way, you'll save a sh!tload over here. I gotta stop looking at your site Rich..... I'm starting to think of ways to get some money and things I could sell and the like.... not good LOL

Our dollar's never been this good up against yours
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:17 AM

I bought an Ibby a few years back from Rich when the dollar was at 80c or something and still saved myself almost a grand including shipping and import duties compared to the retail price of a JS here in Aus.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:39 AM

Reviews: 25

yeah I recently also checked out the guitars at rich's website and I would buy one for certain.. but I currently have 6 Ibanez guitars and just bought an apartment in stkilda, so ... im in a nice amount of debt and the wife just wont allow it

Last edited by IbanezFreak777; 11-07-2010 at 03:46 AM.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I just tested out the Paypal loophole with a UV7BK to AU. $150 for EMS fully insured. Unfortunately it took 3 weeks so "express" may be a misleading title. Much of that time was spent sitting in customs, but it worked. I'm not sure $150 for 3 weeks is more desireable than $375 for 5 days though.
A large part of it is quarantine with Australia. When we were an ESP dealer, I sent probably close to 20 guitars to Australia from here, and they would sit in quarantine for anywhere from 4 days to almost 2 weeks sometimes. I never got any explaination as to why the wide range of time. But when you mark the customs forms for country of origin/manufacture, Japan is apparently one of the triggers for some reason. Godzilla mites or something i guess.

I think the longest one was an Axxion (the Dave Mustaine model Dave Mustaine never used) that sat for something like 16 days before clearing and going out for delivery.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 02:46 AM

Reviews: 21

If i didnt need an amp so bad, id be at Rich's front door with a blank cheque!!!! No Rich, thats not an invitation for a comment!!!

Last edited by UV-7-BK; 11-07-2010 at 02:52 AM.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 03:17 AM

Reviews: 4

about to buy a Conklin custom melt top 7... 2.2 k instead of 8 aus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode