Autographed JS2410 - Clear Coated - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Smile Autographed JS2410 - Clear Coated

Well it's just about finished... got my Satriani autographed JS2410 clear coated and the signature and artwork is intact.

The only thing that worries me is all the parts that were stripped from it after having Rich doing such an awesome setup on it. I am praying to the guitar gods above everything is installed as it was. Odds are I will have to take it in to the shop to be set back up properly when I am in Ottawa February.

They also did a matte clear coat on the back of the headstock for me.

Can't wait to get it back in my hands.

Happy Happy Happy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 02:19 PM

Re: Autographed JS2410 - Clear Coated

that'll preserve the hell out of the autograph. Now thats dedication
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 05:33 PM

Well, now you can PLAY IT and not worry about anything.
Better than letting it waste away on a wall.

Looks like they did a good job too. Should be really nice when they buff it.
Did you get a reasonable price?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 05:42 PM

Reviews: 4

Why is the neck pickup still in there? Now the clear has sealed/joined the pickup and the body together. The place doing the work should have asked you about that, though they might not have any idea how guitars work. If you ever change pickups the pickup will have to be cut from the guitar to keep the clear from coming up with it. Also, I hope the pickup height is where you want it....
Not trying to be negative but if you can pull the pickup out and get them to blend the clear back in(they can do it), that would be a MUCH better way to have it done.
I love the drawing by the way.....
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

I thought the same thing about the pickup. I'll ask him next time I speak with him. I'm sure he has his reasons.Its height was fine where it was and I have no plans of ever changing the pickup. Everything is going to remain original on it. Heres hoping though it isn't sealed in.

It was a little pricey, but as for price I planned on spending $300 - $500, and it came in at just a little over $500. I had asked him to take his time on it and get it done right. As long as they re-assemble it as was and it still works I'll be happy camper.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:49 PM

Who did this, and what kind of clear did they use (if you know)? I had him autograph my JS1200 and I havent been able to play it out of fear of ruining the signature.

Easily my favorite guitar, it's been a shame that I can't play it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatchMo' View Post
Who did this, and what kind of clear did they use (if you know)? I had him autograph my JS1200 and I havent been able to play it out of fear of ruining the signature.

Easily my favorite guitar, it's been a shame that I can't play it.
I got it done at an auto body paint shop in Ottawa, Ontario Canada

They used an automotive polyurethane clear finish similar to what was used guitar originally.

You may want to ask around at an auto body place near you. I found guitar luthiers to not be of much help. Even a former luthier from Godin guitars in Montreal tried to offer me a solution that wasn't pretty at all. Luckily I cakes across these folks in Ottawa.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Well i finally got my JS2410 back today all assembled and finished. I am very happy with the work done. Originally I thought the High pass filter wasn't working after sometime I realized it was working.

The guitar playability and setup seem the same as when I left it with the painters and it feels good. Pickup switching,Tone and Volume work and the Coil tapping on the Tone Knob works.

Merry Christmas All,

JD

Last edited by tundrastruck; 12-22-2013 at 09:26 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 08:20 AM

Nice work - I'm curious as I always thought that clear wouldn't adhere unless the under surface was scuffed up a bit or the base coat paint was fresh... Not trying to rain on your parade - just curious if they mentioned anything about durability or anything?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

The guy who did the work had mentioned they may have to scuff the body, but before they did anything they did some test sample runs with the clear coat and a sharpie marker to see how things would adhere before moving forward and ensure it wouldn't run. I think in the end there was about 3 coats of clear on the body and they buffed it all out so it should last a helluva long time.

Tags
guitar , js2410 , satriani , signature

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode