Awaiting a NGD - Livewire Swirl - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Awaiting a NGD - Livewire Swirl

Wassup guys,

I don't post here much, but hopefully that'll change. Anyway, I've purchased a new guitar, shipped a couple days ago now.

A Livewire Swirl. It's not a real jem, but it looks really darn good.

The reason I decided to go with it was the super wizard neck. Miss the one on my old 570, so hopefully this will satisfy me for a while.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Awaiting a NGD - Livewire Swirl

Livewire swirls always amaze me but I'm not quite sure of their unwavering need to half convert RGs into Steve Vai guitars, including the JEM/universe logos...

That said, this one is another amazing swirl, HNGD
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Livewire swirls always amaze me but I'm not quite sure of their unwavering need to half convert RGs into Steve Vai guitars, including the JEM/universe logos...

That said, this one is another amazing swirl, HNGD

To be honest, that partly turned me off. I'm actually not that big on the Vai thing (not saying he's a bad musician, I just don't get off on the idea of playing a guitar designed by him).

What sold me were the reviews on his fretwork, the fact that this was a complete re-fret on a 2001 Super Wizard neck, and the fretboard looks dark, sultry, and to be honest dyed.

The inlays look great, and the fact that they weren't vines or pyramids was another reason I liked it. it's not as recognizable as the white super-strat with vines (you have to admit that the only people who would recognize the DNA inlays are people who know about the VAI guitars beyond that of someone casually interested in Ibanez)

but yeah. I miss my old 570 that had custom fretwork and neck work done, so, I'm hoping that this will fill that hole (though it probably wont).
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Agreed, I've never heard anything bad about this guys fretwork.

When it arrives, let us know how it looks and feels

And again, an amazing swirl you've got on its way there!!!!!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 05:22 AM

Congratulations.

I was one of the first guys to 'take a chance' with Michael and LiveWire.

I've owned Mayones, Daemoness, ViK, Suhr, Blackmachine, etc.. and his fretwork is up there! Definitely great bang for buck!

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 05:34 AM

That is bright! Lovely! Grats!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 07:02 AM

Nice swirl!
I have a neck Livewire did the frets on and a fretboard replacement.
The guitar plays really good!
You'll be happy-
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 01:50 PM

congrats looks awesome..let us know how it plays..enjoy that baby .
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Well, bit of a hiccup....

Anyway, got these to put in when it gets here (ordered them Friday and already got them)

That's a Steve's Special (will be mounted reverse) in neck, and Evolution

Last edited by rnovak; 10-08-2013 at 01:26 AM.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 06:17 AM

That swirl is really nice! Inlays are pretty cool as well.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 AM

Looks sweet. Get some green knobs and switch tip on that thing!
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

For those of you who sell, is there any company better than Fed Ex? I'm honestly asking....UPS seems crappy, is DHL any better?

Anyway, shoulda been here a lot earlier than Friday, I'll probably opening it at FedEx to check for damage.

Assuming Michael is correct, and dropped it off Thursday, that means it's taking 8 days to get to Arizona. My Dad just drove across country in three days, and they have professional drivers.

Not to mention, it spent more than 16 hours in a single facility, (for what reason, I really can't understand)

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 12:21 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnovak View Post
For those of you who sell, is there any company better than Fed Ex? I'm honestly asking....UPS seems crappy, is DHL any better?

Anyway, shoulda been here a lot earlier than Friday, I'll probably opening it at FedEx to check for damage.

Assuming Michael is correct, and dropped it off Thursday, that means it's taking 8 days to get to Arizona. My Dad just drove across country in three days, and they have professional drivers.

Not to mention, it spent more than 16 hours in a single facility, (for what reason, I really can't understand)

First off.. amazing swirl!! The neck looks to be awesome as well. You cant go wrong with a SW!!

For reliable shipping, I'll only ever use the good ole' USPS. They have the lowest costs with (what seems to be) the same or lower damage rate. I've NEVER received anything that was damaged by USPS....ever. Too bad I can't say the same for UPS.........

Was this a guitar you sent to Michael or one he had done previous to your purchase??

I think it's a bit odd that he would use pickup rings, unless you requested it??
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 01:17 AM

I always have people send to me via USPS because its cheapest and safest. FedEx is good too but UPS is the devil incarnate
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
First off.. amazing swirl!! The neck looks to be awesome as well. You cant go wrong with a SW!!

For reliable shipping, I'll only ever use the good ole' USPS. They have the lowest costs with (what seems to be) the same or lower damage rate. I've NEVER received anything that was damaged by USPS....ever. Too bad I can't say the same for UPS.........

Was this a guitar you sent to Michael or one he had done previous to your purchase??

I think it's a bit odd that he would use pickup rings, unless you requested it??
Wow, I figured the limit on USPS was much smaller, I've never known them to ship something this big, but that's good to know in the future.

I bought it off Ebay, so I believe he already did it, and to be honest, I kind of like the pickup rings, but I didn't request it.

I'll be super exited to play it, but I'll be out of town this weekend, so it'll be Sunday night before I get around to really playing around.

Tags
jem , livewire , super wizard , swirl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode