Bad Horsie Jem - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Bad Horsie Jem

Has anyone got a 77BRMR yet. I would like one but I am worried about how tough the finish on the body is. The scratch plate on my DBK scratches real easy which I can live with because it can be replaced but I wonder how long the body on the BRMR would stay pristine with regular use.

ta

Darren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 10:46 AM

Re: Bad Horsie Jem

The only way its going to stay in prestine condition is if you hang it on the wall........oh wait, then you'd have to dust it and you know what happens then................
post #3 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

ha ha yeah, I guess I'm going to have to let this one go. I could accept some ware but if it's going to look knackered after a couple of hours use....That's why I never bought a BSB.
post #4 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 11:14 AM

I read a post somewhere on the Forum yesterday that was from a guy who had seen one(i think he said he had just had it in stock in his store) and he said ,as nice as it looked, it would get scratched if you even looked at it too hard! That's not good news really.I suppose it's gotta' be a similar surface to pickguard material,maybe even identical.You can get the fine scratches out of pickguards with a good fine polishing compound,but there's only so many times you can do that before it starts to show.
Maybe hanging it on the wall is the only option for long term good looks and personally,I don't think I'd be able to do that.You'd just have to play it if it was there in front of you!

All the Best!....................JTM45.
post #5 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1004
ha ha yeah, I guess I'm going to have to let this one go. I could accept some ware but if it's going to look knackered after a couple of hours use....That's why I never bought a BSB.
Yeah, with the slight difference that a worn BSB looks awesome... a scratched up mirrored jem would look like ass...
post #6 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 12:24 PM

Type in item # 7301448228 on the bay...
post #7 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 12:32 PM

Smile Re: Bad Horsie Jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1004
Has anyone got a 77BRMR yet. I would like one but I am worried about how tough the finish on the body is. The scratch plate on my DBK scratches real easy which I can live with because it can be replaced but I wonder how long the body on the BRMR would stay pristine with regular use.

ta

Darren
Just buy 2, one for the wall and one for playing.
post #8 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTB007
Type in item # 7301448228 on the bay...
lol, youre famous Rich
post #9 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:20 PM
RCB

I bet they didnt ask for permission tu use that pic....

This is one cool looking guitar, to bad its so expensive. With a little customization, chrome (or even silver painted) pups, chrome knobs, and MOP or chrome pyramids and this guitar would be amazing. 2200 on the guitar + 400-550USS worth customizacion.... if I ever come across and affordable used one (ill guess I will have to wait a little more than a year for that) I will probably buy it and customize it.
post #10 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Vendor

They didn't ask and I wouldn't have given if they had. Just like the ones copped from vai.com. Evidently this guy thinks he can use everything he can save.
post #11 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 07:04 PM
RCB

You should ask them to take it out. One thing is downloading a pic from Ibanez or Vai (not that I condone it), but to take a pic from another online dealer and competitor is a little too much...... takind a pic OF your competitor with the guitar is just much too much.

Im sure that anyone who knows you in person, or knows your face would probably guess that it is not your auction, but you can never be too carefull.
post #12 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Vendor

I asked [nicely] an hour after the auction started. No reply yet. No reply and complience soon and I'll have **** shut down the auction.

If he wants NAMM pics to use let him spend the grand to get them like I did.

Mickey's not too happy when "borrowed" vai.com intelectual property is used for commercial purposes either.
post #13 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 11:35 PM

Looks like this Bad Horsie is front routed. What's up with the 77 model designation?
post #14 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 11:51 PM

I dont know about you guys but that Jem looks like crap.Without the Mirror top its plain and cheap.The inlays look like white xerox paper,the bridge is absolute garbage(Ive played them already and they suck) and nothing is really worth the price.It would be cheaper to get a DBK or 7VWH and mod it with the mirror top from Sims.I will post photos when mine is done.Oh,and the total cost will be well under $2200 when all is said and done.
I wouldnt even want that thing hanging up.It looks stupid.
post #15 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagevz7
I dont know about you guys but that Jem looks like crap.Without the Mirror top its plain and cheap.
Yes, if you remove the distinguishing feature of *any* Jem, it will look pretty plain. An FP without the cloth is "plain and cheap." A GMC without the swirl is "plain and cheap."

Also, I'll point out that a guitar without a neck is just a block of wood. Duh.

Quote:
The inlays look like white xerox paper,the bridge is absolute garbage(Ive played them already and they suck)
I have an Edge Pro and I've had no problems at all.

Quote:
and nothing is really worth the price.It would be cheaper to get a DBK or 7VWH and mod it with the mirror top from Sims.I will post photos when mine is done.Oh,and the total cost will be well under $2200 when all is said and done.
Huh? So after all that ranting, you're paying someone to make you a copy? Does it look like crap or not?

Quote:
I wouldnt even want that thing hanging up.It looks stupid.
So the production model looks stupid and like crap but somehow, your copy is going to look good enough to spend ~$2000 on?

Tags
allen wrench , chrome boy , chrome jem , chrome knobs , chrome vine , coil tap , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , edge trem , ernie ball , guitar players , horsie jem , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez trem , jem dbk , locking stud , locking studs , maple neck , maple necks , pickup cover , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , sam ash , scratch plate , signature guitar , sims custom , sims custom shop , squire strat , standard jem , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode