Beautiful or just Burnt? - Ogle my BTB and give your opinion - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2001, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Beautiful or just Burnt? - Ogle my BTB and give your opinion

I personally think my JS1000 BTB looks great, but it's so different from the guitar on the Ibanez website!

I think that's good, cos it shows that each BTB is distinctive (like a zebra or something..)

Just want to know if ppl share my (biased) view or think that the guy with the burner was drunk *:biggrin:

Check it out here.

http://www.geocities.com/demong666

GrrrPoop!

(Edited by grrrpoop at 8:37 pm on July 21, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2001, 11:11 PM

Beautiful or just Burnt?

Beautiful guitar, congrats!

I think the finish looks great, it definitely has a one of a kind look.

If you want to see a "zebra" burnt blue, check out the JEM bsb on EBAY...especially the phot of the back of it...pretty cool.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 05:02 AM

Beautiful or just Burnt?

I like it!-nice guitar

is that the one you had the shipping problem with?

best wishes

Simon
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Beautiful or just Burnt?

chromeboy: that JEM on ebay was damn pretty *also reminded me that the back of my guitar is slightly prettier than the front! *haha

simon: It wasn't exactly shipping problems, it was more like "cheaper in japan, gonna buy from there.. o look, I can get it for the same price from this nice UK shop.. o wait it's the wrong guitar, bloody good job I didn't buy from japan!". *

The moral of the story? *erm.. I was so eager to get a JS900 I got its specs confused with the JS1000 and ended up *having* to get a JS1000 ..poor me! * *

o wait, that's not a moral ummm.. ok: don't settle for second best when it comes to guitars, cos a great guitar will put a big fat smile on your face when you play! *hehe *and I'm smiling fom the moment I pick up my BTB *:biggrin:
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 11:30 PM

Beautiful or just Burnt?

That BTB is a sick guitar. *I love it. *I saw someone's post earlier about the Japanese site, and I almost wish I bought a BTB instead of a BP, but I'm not sure since it hasn't arrived yet. *Nice guitar anyway. *Great choice
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2001, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Beautiful or just Burnt?

I think I like the BP finish just as much as my BTB, and if I ever see a slightly battered BP going cheap in the UK I'd be very tempted to buy it. *The BTB finish was my 2nd choice, but as soon as I opened the case and saw it for the first time I was in love *But a spare BP to thrash away on unreservedly would be cool. *

On the other hand I'm currently looking to buy a Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus (my dream guitar) b4 they become collectors items (now discontinued and already artificially expensive in some shops).

I think I'm experiencing G.A.S
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 05:55 PM

Reviews: 5
Beautiful or just Burnt?

Beautiful guitar.I just got a BSB a month or so ago, so i KIND OF know how You feel.Congratulations.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 08:34 PM
Ibanez endorsed

Beautiful or just Burnt?

Robochimp,

Just watch out how much you sweat when you play it!! I used mine only in my studio and I always came away with blue stained hands. It was BRAND new though so maybe its worse on one thats never been touched before. Its a GREAT sounding JEM though. Because it has no "finish" on it the tone is really different from all other JEMS.

*Rikk
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2001, 11:45 AM

Beautiful or just Burnt?

Very nice guitar...congratulations man! I love the finish!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 07:24 AM

Beautiful or just Burnt?

very very VERY nice finish! If only the guitar had the MIDDLE SINGLE-COIL PICKUP like back in 1991/1992 *
love the HSH configuration...
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 10:44 AM

Beautiful or just Burnt?

C O N G R A T S !!!!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 09:40 PM

Beautiful or just Burnt?

sweet axe, i've always loved that finish. word has they're impossible to get in the states- any of you guys been able to find one for sale in america?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Beautiful or just Burnt?

As far as I'm aware, the only places you can buy new BTB's are Japan or UK.

The US seems to be "stuck" with BP and WH. *However, if I'd had the choice between BP and BTB I might have chosen BP! *I originally intended to buy the JS900 in BP, but it doesn't have a coiltap or high-pass filter (or lo-pro).

I think the fact that they're not easily available in the US gives the BTB a certain mystique over there

I gigged with my BTB last night. *No snapped strings, my wah didn't pick up Radio Russia, and it sounded fantastic (to me! haha). *It also survived the journey there unscathed, which can't be said for my amp head which fell off the cabinet and bounced off some drums. *Luckily the drums broke the fall :biggrin: haha

My BTB always seems to attract appreciative stares, although I s'pose it could be ppl thinking "what the hell is that!?" *
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 07:22 PM

Beautiful or just Burnt?

Rich is getting some BTB's around Christmas time if anyone is interested.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2001, 08:29 PM

Beautiful or just Burnt?

Looks awesome..........different is good. At least that was what mommy said:biggrin:

Tags
amp head , beautiful guitar , coil pickup , gibson les paul , gibson les paul classic , jem bsb , les paul , les paul classic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode