A Beautiful Ting - Now dats a beautiful ting - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

A Beautiful Ting - Now dats a beautiful ting

My JS10 has arrived. Its so stunning I just dont really have words. I have the chrome strap and chord locked away in the case (still trying to decide if I want to use them or not) and the chrome beauty is on the rack.

I think I might use a black clip lock with her instead of the chrome one. I mean dont get me wrong I love the chrome but........ the next step would be to have chrome pickups and then get me chromed!!! Soooooo I will stick with a black strap and regular black cable I think.

Just sent the JS1000 off to be "Donniefied". I cant WAIT to see her when she comes back in a month or so. Long wait but it will be worth it!!! *

Rikk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 08:16 PM

A Beautiful Ting

You are one lucky Bas#@*d!! Looks GREAT!!! Enjoy it
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

A Beautiful Ting

Here another pic of the body. I LOVE IT!!!!! :biggrin:

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 09:35 PM

A Beautiful Ting

sweeeeeeeeeeet!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 09:40 PM

A Beautiful Ting

That's insane. *Congrats on the 10th. *I'd be careful with your picking if your gonna use it a lot, from what I've heard, it's VERY delicate.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

A Beautiful Ting

Fortunately I pick lightly when I play. It does not feel light but I never have fingernail or pick marks (unless the guitar came to me that way). I have a feeling though that there is no real right way to play this baby. I will take care of her as best I can but I AM going to play her :biggrin: Especially since for right now it is the only JS guitar I have to play on until my JS1000 comes back from HERC. I have other guitars I can play on but I want to play THIS ONE!!! *Man I have always wanted one of these!!! I am so excited!! *
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 11:12 PM

A Beautiful Ting

Congratulations! I tucked away my accessories also, I don't use the chrome strap locks on mine b/c I heard that it wouldn't fit in its' case properly. As for the cord, I found and picked up a couple extra ones at my local music store. Play the hell out of it! Enjoy
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2001, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

A Beautiful Ting

Played it for a couple hours tonight at practice. Man the tone sounds great. It feels more "in your face" than the JS1000. I still like the JS1000 though!! *
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2001, 05:21 PM

A Beautiful Ting

Man that is one guitar. i hate to be repetetive but u are one lucky Ba&*"^d.

Congrats.
P.S. Be careful where you rest your hand.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2001, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

A Beautiful Ting

Thank you!! I cant stop talking about it!!! I recorded with it today a bit and man is it responsive!! What a great guitar!!! I went and got a polish cloth from "Sunglasses Hut". They supposedly have the finest smoothest most non abrasive polishing cloths for sunglasses so I figured it would work out great on the JS10!!! (I will try it in the trem cavity first though like Rich suggested).
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 06:16 AM

A Beautiful Ting

Beautiful!! :love:
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 12:48 PM

A Beautiful Ting

Hey Rikk, how much did that baby cost ya?
(drowling)
Do ya think i should get a js1000 or a jem 77fp?
Thanks
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

A Beautiful Ting

Its the last one that Rich had posted on his site www.ibanezrules.com. Its number 76. Man I used it again last night for some recording and it just BEGS to be played. It just about plays itself!! I love it.

Hmmm JS1000 or JEM77FP. Well the FP will more than likely cost you a little more. I love JEM's and JS guitars and have owned WAY more JEMs than JS's so I can honestly say that the JS1000 will have more tone options than the JEM77FP just due to the coil tap and high pass filter (not to say that you can not add those to the JEM though). Tough call. I am a "recent JS enthusiast" so I am still a bit starstruck by their beauty and incredible tone. :love: If I were to buy another guitar right now I would buy another JS series. I dont know if that helps you at all though!!

RIkk
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 02:03 PM

A Beautiful Ting

Thanks Rikk,
Yea, The js and the fp are the same price in this german shop.
I prefer satch and i love the tone but i cant really decide whether to turn down an fp at 1200
Hard Decisions!lol
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 06:55 PM

A Beautiful Ting

never listen to a man who just bought a beautiful guitar :biggrin: lol j/k man

rikkbeatty, sorry this might be a little late.. but CONGRATS ON THE NEW JS10th!!!!! :thumbsup: !!!!!!!!!!

a true beauty!

and about the choice between js's and jems? well, i dunno, since i've been getting used to 24 fret, flatter, thinner necks and i like the 2 and 4 positions on a strat... i'd get the jem...

but then again, the JS neck is just as heavenly and the pickup/wiring config is awesome too.... dammit!!! i don't know!! :idunno:

i guess it comes down to the 22 vs. 24 fret thingie... what do *you* want and need...

Tags
acrylic guitar , beautiful guitar , blues saraceno , coil tap , crystal planet , custom guitar , custom shop , edge trem , fender custom shop , fender strat , high pass filter , local music store , music store , strap lock , strap locks , yamaha pacifica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what is the most beautiful guitar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode