Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: Which is the best 7 string for you???
In 7-strings, I currently own, acquiring them in this order, too:
- '91 UV7BK (beloved black with green version, awesome mojo, brand new from the box, and the first LoPro bridge I'd ever seen at the time - was expecting an Edge7)
- '00 RG7-620GN (my first AANJ, brand new)
- '00 UV777BK (awesome cosmetics, and freakishly light in weight, GENTLY used)
- '06 RG1527RB (my first EdgePro 7, very heavy, brand new from the box)
- '08 RG1527RB (my 2nd EdgePro 7... very heavy twin to the above =], GENTLY used for 1 week)
- '99 RG7-620BK (gently used, too good a deal, too great a player to pass up...)
I personally gravitate to the 'RG7' types ... the RG7-620GN basically redefined what I was looking for in an instrument - the two humbucker with special 5-way wiring... it's been my yardstick ever since.
In fact I went back to my other guitars and wired them up with super-switches to match the GN (except for the middle position; I redesigned the wiring scheme to give me a different option there... I never use 2 'buckers full on like that).
None of these will steer you wrong; it all depends on your style choice - the essential statistics of all of these are the same... and if you're like me, you'll tinker with the pickups anyway =]