which is better? please help! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

which is better? please help!

hello all of you jemsiters!

i am having trouble picking between two guitars. those guitars are Ibanez UV7bk, and a Ibanez RG2570e (i know its supposed to be a UV/jem related only, but it has an UV, so i hope its cool ). i play mostly music like Steve vai, Dream Theater and just music that sounds good

i can get the UV7BK for somewhere around 730$. its made in 1991, the neck got a small break in it but the owner is getting it fixed now.
the other guitar is a RG2570e, made in 2007 if i remember right. it is almost in mint condition (if it isn't mint i mean) and it has a set of Dimarzio Evolutons in it. i can get the RG for somewhere around 640$.

which tremolo do you people prefer, the Edge Lo-Pro 7 string, or the Edge Pro? how is the tuning stability on those tremolos? and if you have tried those out. could you give me a review of it ? also one more thing, the neck joint on the UV is like the old strats, its fat and big, no cutaway or anything. how does this feel in your hands? is it uncomfortable?

thanks a lot for all the advices and helping me out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: which is better? please help!

For reviews, please vist the REVIEWS section--most of your questions can be answered there. As with all guitars, play them to see which one feels best to you. What's good for a few here may not be for you. Same goes with amps--what sounds good to you? Also, WELCOME to Jemsite! You're going to love it here...

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

thanks. i will be posting this on the Review section then
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliteee View Post
thanks. i will be posting this on the Review section then
Nooooooo--you don't want to post this in the review section. That section is the place to read reviews of gear, not ask questions about gear. Your inquiry is in the right section now.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

ohh ok, thanks ill then wait for answers.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 06:15 PM

Reviews: 9

The two guitars couldn't be more different, and if you're looking to play music 'that sounds good'....?

You just gotta play them, they're as good as each other specwise and both great for what they do.

I will say I don't find the heel of the UV7 particularly irritating.

How are you getting these guitars so cheap?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

i live in iceland and the "money crash" is getting everyone broke. so people that own nice guitars sell them for cheap but thanks. i will go try them out soon!

Tags
edge lo-pro , edge pro , rg2570e , universe uv7bk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode