BFP ADVICE PLEASE! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

BFP ADVICE PLEASE!

Hi I have a bfp with a few issues that i do not play and along with a few others (non jems) I am thinking of selling on - would anyone be able to give be some help with how much she is worth please.

Body, neck and actually pretty much everything else in really really good cosmetic order - issues are a crackly 5 way switch and a high action at the dusty end of the neck plus a crack in the neck near the scarf joint (more headsotck end) the crack does not affect general playing and is quite stable but does need repairing really.

I will attach some photos if that would help - if I am breaking any rules please let me know, this is not a scam and I would genuinely appreciate any advice as i intend to then list it for sale if I can get a half way reasonable value for it.

Cheers in advance for any help/advice received

Jase

Last edited by BFPJASE; 11-01-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 03:46 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: BFP ADVICE PLEASE!

It's really hard to give an accurate assessment without pics. Does it come with original hardshell case? What about case candy?

post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 07:55 AM

and a location couldnt hurt as prices vary by country
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Hi Alaskabat and Philster - sorry for not replying sooner, I am in the uk - I will take some photos and post them in the next day or two and perhaps you can give me some advice!

I don't really want to sell it but I am probably never going to play it that much so If I kept it it would only be to fiinsh the repairs and hope it go's up in value but that's not much of a life for the guitar if you know what I mean, it would be better for someone to appreciate it and play it more.

thanks both for replying tho.

cheers Jason
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 04:27 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFPJASE View Post
Hi Alaskabat and Philster - sorry for not replying sooner, I am in the uk - I will take some photos and post them in the next day or two and perhaps you can give me some advice!

I don't really want to sell it but I am probably never going to play it that much so If I kept it it would only be to fiinsh the repairs and hope it go's up in value but that's not much of a life for the guitar if you know what I mean, it would be better for someone to appreciate it and play it more.

thanks both for replying tho.

cheers Jason
Looking forward to seeing it!! The BFP is a great guitar that holds a special place for a lot of people.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 04:29 PM

I just missed one, it was in better shape than yours.
It sold for $1900 with case.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Just to add a note answering all the kind replies - as before I am in the UK and there is a hard case in good condition in which I purchased the guitar but it is not original and there is a trem bar in there plus a generic strap but thats it aside from a bag of silica gel!!!

thanks again

Jason

Hi everyone - feeling daft now but after an hour of re-sizing and re-re-re-reuploading pics I keep getting either security warnings or 'exceeded quota' warnings, could anyone please help or advise?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BFPJASE; 03-19-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: photo upload problems, need advice, help!!!!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 09:06 AM

I think you need to have more than 10 posts to be able to post pictures. Just have a look around the forums and make a couple of posts here and there to get up to 10, then gut the pics up!!!. Im really interested in seeing them too. Especially that you're interested in selling also, as im really not that far from Loughborough either!!!! Get posting brother
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

aha! thanks Ross - will do, I am not as stupid as I thought then!!!

cheers

jason

ps you will be amazed how clean and tidy it is despite the issue mentioned - I will be sad to lose it but I am a bugger for buying stuff and having it pile up around the place unused - I have magpie syndrome - i.e. oooooh shiney!......
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

hello everyone!

had a sneaky idea as I cannot post pics yet it seems to I have created a photobucket account and the link is below for anyone who can help me to put a value on this guitar.

thanks again for any help you can give - cheerz jason

DOH- -CAN'T POST A LINK EITHER NOT A S CUNNING AS I THOUGHT I WAS THEN....
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

AND ANOTHER USELESS POST SO I CAN GET TO TEN AND POST PICTURES!!!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

And one more for luck....

think the next post should be with pics hopefully...
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

hi everyone - still not letting me upload pics as the files are too big I think so here is the link to the photbucket account I created earlier tonight for just this purpose.

to refresh the point of this thread: I bought this guitar a few years ago and it was intended i would correct the issues and indeed i got a quote from a local guitar guy to do just that but never got around to it and I recently got it out of it's case and admired it for the first time in a few years. And then I thought - right it perhaps ought to go as it is clearly not getting used - main issue I have no idea at all what it may be worth and it is clearly going to be less than i paid but I would welcome any help you guys can give.

kindest regards, Jason

http://photobucket.com/bfp_pics
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 10:13 PM

Looks good man. You should be able to get $1700+ for it all day.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 10:43 PM

Reviews: 2

The noisy switch is a non-issue, but I would try to clean it with some contact cleaner before allowing a prospective buyer to play it. No need to give them a bargaining edge.

The only thing I don't like is that the neck crack is from an impact....it's not a standard nut joint crack. What I don't like is that I see no evidence of the actual impact.....did someone already try to fix that???

Tags
bfp , jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode