On a blank Jem body, which trem? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

On a blank Jem body, which trem?

I received a blank Jem body as a gift. Which trem should I choose? Would a ZR trem fit on a RG body? I have used Edge III but do not have a pleasant experience with it. Help me guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 05:36 PM

Re: On a blank Jem body, which trem?

Lo-Pro Edge IMO.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 05:42 PM

Put a ZR on it for the sake of being different. Its a perfectly wonderful tremolo system, and I'm actually getting very tired of seeing people blindly recommend a lo-pro edge when 90% of those people have never tried any other the systems comparitively, so I figure it'll be a welcome change for a lot of the regulars here.

Who knows, you may even like it.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 05:58 PM

Is it routed for a trem already? It sounds like it isn't, I would make a hardtail out of it. Since the hardtail Jem Ibanez wants us to buy is horrible looking (my opinion) make your own using one like the PGM guitars use. If you must have a trem use an original Edge.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:01 PM

I'd recommend ZR as well. Solid as a rock. Make sure it's the ZRII though, so you get a nice pop-in arm.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

It is routed for a trem already ZRII I should start looking.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 AM

And if you do fit the ZR, don't bother with the stupid ZPS bar in the back. It says it keeps it in tune when you break a string, but it just doesn't; you're better off with the trem full floating.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 08:25 AM

If it's routed for a trem already, then the ZR and its derivatives is out as the route is very different and I seriously doubt a Jem body would have one. Most likely an Original Edge or Lo-Pro is what will work.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Hmm, whats the difference between Edge pro and III other than pro has pop-in arm and holds tune longer?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defy704 View Post
Lo-Pro Edge IMO.
+1. i concur.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 11:24 AM

+2 for LoPro or original Edge(which is more than likely what the routing is for). The Edge Pro is a good bridge but will need a little routing work(most likely NOT on the surface, but inside to fit the larger sustain block). The ZR is out as the route is way different and the stud spacing is wider than the 74mm of the Edge variants. The Edge III is just a cheap trem and I would not put it in any guitar that I expect to be worth good money(or that I ever expect to sell). If you want different, the Edge Zero looks pretty cool. How about a roller bridge and a Bigsby? Okay, it was a joke stop throwing stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode