Blue and black JEM - Cool looking!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Blue and black JEM - Cool looking!!

I was printing a picture out of a JEM777VBK that I use to own and my printer was out of yellow ink. So all of the green (vine, pickups, voume and tone knobs, selector switch, and strap locks) came out in blue. I thought it was cool looking!!

I guess this is an easy way to see what a custom JEM would look like. Just modify how your printer prints it or use Photoshop to change it. The only problem I have found with Photoshop and other high end photo manipulation programs is that they select only one shade of "green" and not all of the green on the page. So to make it "real" looking you would have to select one shade at a time and change it to the correct coresponding shade of what ever color you are changing it to (keeping in mind all the differences in light from that angle, natural fadings of color, and shadows). The cool thing about this picture is that since my priter did not have yellow in it it still put all the blue in there with the correct lighting and shadows so it looks REAL!!

Anyhow I just thought I would share it with you guys!!

*Rikk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 07:32 PM

Blue and black JEM

That you used to own?
Dude! Why'd you sell all these beauties!!?? Your GMC, UVMC and your 777VBK!

What do you have left?

(Edited by YngVaiTriani at 6:33 pm on Oct. 14, 2001)
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Blue and black JEM

Oh man you dont know the half of it..........

I sold:

2 JEM777DY's
1 JEM77FP
2 JEM777VBK's
1 JEM7VWH
1 JEM10
1 JEM77GMC
1 JEM77BFP
1 JEM777SK
2 JEM777VDY's
1 JEM77BSB
1 JEM90
1 UV7MC
2 UV777BK's
(I sold many other guitars as well but these are the JEM's and UV's I sold)

I have a GREAT recording studio now though!! lol *

I still have:

JEM7PBK
JEM7VWH
JS1000WH
50th anniversary Fender Ultra Strat
79' Fender Strat
American Fender Tele
Ovation Custom Legend
American BC Rich Warlock (original NJ series)
Yamaha Pacifica (tele style)
Blues Saraceno TV Twenty
Custom 335 copy
Seagull 12 string
WWII Banjo with a custom made guitar neck
lap steel acoustic old (no name)
Classical guitar (very old/no name)
Yuet Chin (Chinese instrument) also called the "Moon guitar"

Gas gas gas........ Not as bad as some, and worse than others. But thats why we are all here right? This is sort of an AA club for guitaraholics lol

Rikk
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 07:54 PM

Blue and black JEM

Rikk--

I love photoshop--I use it for "mocking up" guitar refinish ideas all the time. Today I spent part of my morning trying to figure out what color pickups would look best in a Jem7-RB.

An easy way to select all the greens at once, even if they're somewhat different, is to use "Select... Color Range". Then you can pick the color name from a list. Very helpful!

I have a minor in graphic design, and these days, this is about the only thing I get to use it for!

--B
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Blue and black JEM

lol THANKS!! Does it take into consideration all the different light variences and whatnot when it re-samples it to the new color? Is there an option for that in Photoshop as well? I only have version 5.02 of Adobe Photoshop.

Thanks,

Rikk
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 09:02 PM

Blue and black JEM

If you use the "Select... Color Range", then use "Image... Adjust... Hue & Saturation." That will keep the variances, as long as you don't over-do it when you change the saturation and brightness.

--B
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Blue and black JEM

Cool!! Thanks man!!

Rikk
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 10:28 PM

Blue and black JEM

Rikk - Your collection blows my mind!!

I thought I was pretty loaded with my Ibanez RX, 555 and my 7VWH
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Blue and black JEM

Like I said not as bad as some and worse than others

If I would quit buying rack gear and different things for the studio I would have more!! lol

Rikk
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 11:13 PM
rvj

Blue and black JEM

Wow! That black & blue Jem is cool. If Ibanez were to come out with that, I would definitely order one. If you were to pull the inlays, replace the green leafs with blue, get some blue DiMarzio's, & knobs...we would be in business. I know where I can grab a used VBK for cheap. Hmmm, maybe this could be the new Jem. *--rvj
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Blue and black JEM

Yeah I always liked the blue vine inlay. It would not be too bad to send a VBK neck in and have the vine changed to blue I wouldn't think. Then you would just have to order new pickups and a blue volume/tone knob set and selector switch (or paint your existing ones), paint the Ibanez logo in blue and you would be in business!!

This would be cool to see as the next JEM :-) *Maybe with a white body? Or a darker blue body?

Rikk

(Edited by rikkbeatty at 10:19 pm on Oct. 14, 2001)
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 11:23 PM
rvj

Blue and black JEM

You could also take a BFP, paint the body, pitch the pinkies, etc... Awesome list of Jem/UV's that you sold, many here would die for some of those. Your UVMC was really nice! --rvj
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 11:39 PM

Blue and black JEM

...or you could go white body w/blue harware, and put a clear/blue swirled pickguard over it....thats an interesting idea *
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2001, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Blue and black JEM

rvj,

Thanks man.

UVmanMike,

VERY cool idea!! I would not mind seeing that for the hell of it!! OR you could do the same thing but have a blue abalone vine and the cool blue abalone tuning keys!! *:-)

Rikk
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2001, 08:03 AM

Blue and black JEM

Now I want all the green on my VBK blue. That is so cool

Tags
abalone vine , basswood body , bfp neck , blues saraceno , custom jem , ebony fret board , fender strat , fret board , maple neck , rich warlock , rosewood fingerboard , strap lock , strap locks , volume knobs , yamaha pacifica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode