Blue floral JEM - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Blue floral JEM

Greeting's JEM experts! For my first post I need your collective advice on a 90's blue floral JEM for sale by a local on CL.

Here is the email I received.

"Hi Brian heres a few pics the guitar is in exe cond very very clean, its incredible. When I bought it it had no logo on the headstock. I have checked with Ibanez and they assured me its an Ibanez blue Jem from 91 the only year they made them. I have not played it since I got it years ago. No dings I can see on it. they said the logo mighta rubbed off, Its def an Ibanez neck. I had an expert look at the guitar recently and he said the neck looks the same as orig 91 models. I think there is a blemish on the back but ts been touched up, I never played the guitar since I got it many years ago. 917030 serial number. The front is clean to no marks that I can see."

This seems suspect to me just by the description.

Thoughts/opinions?

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited by Pezz; 01-10-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:19 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Blue floral JEM

Are these the only pics you have, because they're definitely not detailed enough to help you. See if you can get bigger, higher detailed pics. concentrate on bridge, pick-ups/guard, NECK JOINT!!, neck construction, hardware...... basically you need detailed pics of everything. I'm assuming he's asking an appropriate price for a BFP. If so, you need a lot more info before dropping that kind of $$$.
Ryc
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Are these the only pics you have, because they're definitely not detailed enough to help you. See if you can get bigger, higher detailed pics. concentrate on bridge, pick-ups/guard, NECK JOINT!!, neck construction, hardware...... basically you need detailed pics of everything. I'm assuming he's asking an appropriate price for a BFP. If so, you need a lot more info before dropping that kind of $$$.
Ryc
Thanks for the reply! I have the same photo's in larger size. I had to reduce them to fit on here. I will ask for some more though. Any suggestions for a way to share the larger photo's?
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 11:03 PM

Hey Pezz....... I'll PM you my email.....I'll post them for you.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Follow Fanatic's advice! Also, look to see if there are any cracks on the back of the neck where the two locknut bolts come through. Another very important issue is neck warpage. Have him take a picture of the neck with the camera at the headstock and pointing straight down the neck--look for twists, bowing, etc. Make sure there are no serious body cracks. Scratches, a few chips, dings, and dents are normal, but you don't want any cracks!

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 05:45 AM

I'm pretty much positive that guitar is legit and looks to be in great shape. Removing the headstock logo is actually not that difficult. They're just siklscreened on top of the clear. Anyone with a razor blade could scrape it off, which is what appears to have been done here. I've heard that if you send neck back to Hoshino USA, they will redo the silkscreen headstock logo for you.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:09 AM

yep, most likely it started to scratch off, and the previous owner(s) just finished it off not thinking about it too much.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 06:42 PM

Wow, how can you tell if its legit from those pics??? What trem is that?? Edge, Lo-Pro?? Did you see the Chibanez gold Lo-Pro in the classifieds? It looked DAMN close, but not right. If this were one of those, you'd never be able to tell from these far away pics...... I couldn't be comfortable telling someone to spend a large amount of money on a guitar that even he isn't sure about. At least not without being absolutely sure myself first. My original assesment remains; MORE INFO NEEDED.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the input. I have sent the pictures I have over. Hopefully the larger ones can be posted. I'll ask for more after you all see what I have and determine what shots/angles should be requested.

Thanks

B
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Wow, how can you tell if its legit from those pics??? What trem is that?? Edge, Lo-Pro?? Did you see the Chibanez gold Lo-Pro in the classifieds? It looked DAMN close, but not right. If this were one of those, you'd never be able to tell from these far away pics...... I couldn't be comfortable telling someone to spend a large amount of money on a guitar that even he isn't sure about. At least not without being absolutely sure myself first. My original assesment remains; MORE INFO NEEDED.
Those Chibanez fu$#ers haven't done a blue floral yet--well, I haven't seen one. Plus, I've never seen a knock-off Edge that was black. Pretty sure it's real. Jem logo is correct size and placement, too.

post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:03 PM

turns out it got a low pro............... Pezz sent me pics............ I'll post them and let you guys see what I think I'm seeing.........
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:04 PM

Pic #1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bfp1.JPG (694.4 KB, 2 views)
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:06 PM

Pic #2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BFP2.JPG (680.3 KB, 2 views)
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:06 PM

Pic #3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BFP#.JPG (644.1 KB, 2 views)
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:07 PM

And the scary one!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BFP4.JPG (678.4 KB, 2 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode