Blue Sparkle JEM? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Re: Blue Sparkle JEM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Guys, let's not get carried away here. We have a Jem forum specifically for these types of conversations. Rather than lock this thread up, I'm moving it there.

To the OP, the Jem series is an artist series, so if Steve and Ibanez decide it's over it's over. Simple as that.
Guess that means we'll never see a nice JEM in the lineup again in our lifetimes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
The nerve of some moderators..... They will do anything just to post pic's of their Chibanez collection!
Oh.....you mean like this, Mikey???

Freshly taken.....wrong light, wrong camera, but the VSBL is so cool who cares, lol

~ROCK~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringer of torture View Post
Guess that means we'll never see a nice JEM in the lineup again in our lifetimes...
Don't be so sure. I mean...they brought the FP back for the 15th anni after it was discontinued It's up to the demand of the people and Vsbl's seem to be getting much harder to find;-)

Last edited by JJEMMER777; 08-03-2007 at 07:51 PM.
post #33 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Banned

More swirls, I think we can hit 77 swirls on this thread.
post #34 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

oh dear!.... thats right, this is a Blue Jem thread.
post #35 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:00 AM

Reviews: 10

pearloid on the VSBL looks great, i prefer it over plain white, that makes it too stratty.
post #36 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 10:41 AM

My second fav JEM is the VSBL, Jim you already know that..... You guys can't post too many, there's no such thing! I'd like to see some with different colored pups and pickguards though.

My next JEM will be a VSBL..... but looking for one that's mint and has the Edge Pro. I don't think too many were done with the Edge Pro, mostly with the LP. But correct me if I'm wrong.....

Rodney..... You've got too many! Love the DNA on the left in that pic.... Yep, the one next to the LNG! And what's up with the headstock on the 7? Got a close up of that?? Looks like Vai art!
post #37 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Rodney..... You've got too many! Love the DNA on the left in that pic.... Yep, the one next to the LNG! And what's up with the headstock on the 7? Got a close up of that?? Looks like Vai art!
Well... I have had way to many over the years, somewhere around 90-110 Jem/UV's of my own, I need to update my list, I have only 3 that I play now days.

That is DNA #32 called "Enigmatic Rush" at the time when she was mine.

I do have a close up of the UV-stock, will post it soon.

VSBL will be a great machine to experience,very classy & cosmic.
post #38 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirvey Chinnfield View Post
Well... I have had way to many over the years, somewhere around 90-110 Jem/UV's of my own, I need to update my list, I have only 3 that I play now days.
..... just a "small" collection there!?

Quote:
That is DNA #32 called "Enigmatic Rush" at the time when she was mine.
.... you sold it???? It must have been like...... well, I can't think of words to describe parting ways with that.

Quote:
I do have a close up of the UV-stock, will post it soon.
We'll be keeping an eye open..... with a "thanks" in advance!
post #39 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
My next JEM will be a VSBL..... but looking for one that's mint and has the Edge Pro. I don't think too many were done with the Edge Pro, mostly with the LP. But correct me if I'm wrong.....
They were equiped with the EP in 2002 and the LP in 2003, so I guess it depends on how many models they produced in the respective years. I'm tending to think they produced more in the first year of production It's just that everybody wants the EP so they are harder to find. I got one early in the first of the run in 2002 while everybody was to busy bitchin about them

Here is the tag that came with it (matching serial number on the back side) Don't know that it means anything and certainly it can't be the first in the run

Rodney.....um....I mean Pirvey, your such a dork for posting swirls in a VSBL thread But then again, I let it stay in the wrong section, so I guess that make us dorks together

Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #40 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
oh dear...Posted over here.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showth...d=1#post700443
post #41 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 05:01 AM

wasnt going to but hey .... its back to original now by the way

post #42 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 06:33 AM

To the original poster - Ibanez discontinued the VSBL because a) no one seemed to like it and b) no one seemed to be buying it......

Once bitten etc etc - if the guitar had sold like hot cakes they'd still make 'em.......

One of the nicest JEMs I think, now that I've got my killjoy statement out of my system!
post #43 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 07:40 AM

Am I the only person who thinks the pearloid makes it look more like a strat??

Well if I had a VSBL I would put a neon orange glow in the dark pickguard on it, but I think that is just me
post #44 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
a) no one seemed to like it
Seems nobody ever likes any of the new Jem models that come out Bunch of complainers, lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post

b) no one seemed to be buying it......
But now everybody wants one How predictable people are
post #45 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 01:23 PM
RCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezial View Post
wasnt going to but hey .... its back to original now by the way

Both mods look much better than the original. The VSBL as it is, its just boring. But with a different píckguard and coloured pups it looks fine.

About bringin them back... well, they just didnt sell well when they were available.

Sure, the are a couple of guys that claim they would buy them if they were available, but that's also (even more so) the case with many other discontinued jem models such as the FP, BFP, DY, SK, swirls, BSB, PBK, LNG, RB and almost any other model.

And if you put a thread showing pics of any jem (may be with the exception of the DBK) 200 people are going to start with the wows, and all sort of exclamation remarks.

That doesnt mean its profitable or smart to actually do a reissue.

Tags
chrome vine , david mccarroll , edge pro trem , fast fret , flamed maple , fret board , ibanez collection , jem vsbl , local music shop , maple fret , maple fret board , pearloid pickguard , playing guitar , production model , steve vai , vwh jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode