bought a uv777 for a backup guitar on ebay - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

bought a uv777 for a backup guitar on ebay

I bought a UV777 BK Universe on ebay for a second backup guitar. The guy wanted 1000.00 for it it was a 2001 and looked sweet. I missed the auction but emailed him to see if he was going to relist it and he said yeah so we ngotiated a price through email and i bought it. he said it had a small ding in it but he had it repaired i got it 2 days ago and wow it was sweet it looked nearly off the shelf new. and plays really nice i believe nicer than my currant one but thought i would just let you guys know i finally got a great deal on ebay..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 04:56 PM
Contributor

Reviews: 1
Excellent snag. I too just picked up my second Universe (PBK) and and it was very comfortable right away. Faster than my 1990UV too.
I think the AANJ is a huge improvement on a 7.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic
Excellent snag. I too just picked up my second Universe (PBK) and and it was very comfortable right away. Faster than my 1990UV too.
I think the AANJ is a huge improvement on a 7.
Holy crap! Faster the early 90s ones? I HAVE to get one of these. What makes them so damn fast anyway? I mean, i got that UV7BK, and its faster than my 1527 or my 7620... does the fretsize have anything to do with it? I know that the RG's have extra jumbo and the uni doesnt...
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 07:28 PM
Contributor

Reviews: 1
Suprisingly, the neck on the 1990 is thinner across than the new one, but man- the new one JUST SMOKES !! It's definitely thinner top to bottom than the 1990, and the frets are the dunlop 5120's(not sure of the number) and are thinner and higher than jumbo's.

I never would have thought a 7 could feel like this, and now I'm to the point that when I pick up a Jem (or other 6 string) it feels like there's not enough room for my fingers on the darn thing!

I still love my 6's , but I also love the 4-octave range the 7 provides me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode