Brand New Jem 77FP Stress Crack in neck joint - Page 5 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 05:14 AM

LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 01:26 PM

Oops, sorry about that.

This is what SUCKS about using dial-up on noisy lines. Nothing will stay connected for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Damn thing logs me off right after I hit send, I connect again, hit send again thinking it didn't go through and there you go, double post.

I got logged off AGAIN right after sending that one and didn't see the double.

Next time that happens I'll check before sending again. DOH!

:-)

Mic
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
if the crack disappoints you, then discuss it with the ibanez dealer whom you purchased from.

i've said repeatedly (this has been discussed MANY times if you search) it's 100% normal - has been for 15+ years... and not something that should logically "disappoint" anyone.

seems like an emotional issue some get hung up on, but an issue nonetheless to some ... glen

Agree. If a crack on my JEM10th would appear, it wouldnīt bather me at all. The plastc based paint is just too hard.
Go get a photo and live with it then. I would not allow me to lower myself into such a situation, that a crack in the paint would affect the price...Hell no way!!!!

Itīs You ho make the guitar and NOT the guitar that makes YOU, Man ...live with that and.......

Rock-On
post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:20 AM

Re: Brand New Jem 77FP Stress Crack in neck joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
i wish the PA G3 show was not a wed night good discussion here though.

i think rich's point is the more you sell the less specialized you can be. make more which lowers costs & increases effeciency. let dealers sort out the expected percent of blems/defects. Ferrari vs Ford type service (not a great analogy but you get the point).

ibanez is UNresponsive to the USA marketplace. It seems we're the red-headed stepchild in direct comparison to their domestic market (JPN).

PRS has SUPERB marketing & service... i mean they are given musicians worldwide axes to play at no cost and back up their product. they're also a USA company which is a far cry from a "japanese company". ibanez on the other hand has an older product endorsement methodology that is eroding their market share... their sales have declined in the past decade, unlike PRS so this is obvious stuff. but the units produced is nothing to sneeze at, as Rich pointed out.

but still, to compare the companies is really apples vs. oranges aside from both being fruit (guitar makers).

the surface cracks are due to any of these factors IMHO: temperature, cure time, packagin, shipping, wood type & physical stress/tension. PRS has a shorter scale and thus less tension... nevermind a different neck pocket/design.

i'm not debating the cost effectiveness of buying a new 2003 JEM77FP, at any price or in comparison to any other guitar. i'm just saying this heel surface crack is normal and to be expected with these axes - and i wouldn't lose a wink of sleep thinking about it. If you do, the axe is probably not for you (not at that price anyways - find a cheaper used one w/ the crack already) ...glen
In what other industry would you pay extortionate prices for prestige items that you expect will arrive with cosmetic or other more serious flaws? 70% of a guitar's appeal is the aesthetic finish FFS! It's a completely unacceptable practice and the reason they get a pass is because of little miss smart guys like you telling all the diligent buyers to suck it up and stop whining even though they've just spent 6 months' savings on a faulty item sold as BRAND NEW. Why don't you keep it quiet?

Tags
access neck joint , clear coat , ernie ball , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , jackson soloist , malmsteen strat , neck joint , paul reed , paul reed smith , production model , reed smith , sounding guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode